cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only ordered a few days ago but offer has improved. Do I need to cancel?

chloemay

Only ordered a few days ago but offer has improved. Do I need to cancel?

I put my order in on Saturday evening, this included a £60 card and a reduced activation fee of £5.  I've now seen that the card has been improved to £75 and fee removed completely.

I also  paid just over £200 for the advanced rental and the email says that this means my direct debits will be £0.00 for the first 18 months and then £10.99 from month 18 (I think this is a mistake and should be from month 12?), but my account status says that they're about to take a £10.99 DD.  

I can not get through to anyone (30mins on hold on one of the telephone numbers and now 60mins on another), web chat is unavailable and I can't find an email address - getting a tad concerned that I've made a huge error and should cancel!

So, do get the improved offer - do I need to cancel and reorder?  

Is trying to get hold of them always this bad? Spent over 2hours in total faffing about trying to find numbers, web chat etc and live is too short to waste this much time on hold.

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Only ordered a few days ago but offer has improved. Do I need to cancel?

Sorry to hear you've been unable to get through to us.

With regards to the account status at this moment in time, it doesn't take into effect any discounts that you have in place.

I'd speak with our Customer Options team directly regarding this.

They can be contacted on 0800 013 2632 and are open the following hours

• Monday to Friday- 9 am while 8 pm
  • Saturday - 9 am while 7 pm
  • Sunday - 9 am while 6 pm

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
chloemay

In case anyone has the same issue, you do need to cancel in order to get the improved offer.  Unfortunately this means losing the phone number - even though the order hasn't completed (Jerome did try).

Almost a Plusnet customer but I've cancelled.  A factor in this is that, yet again, was stuck on hold for ages.  Last night the intro said they're very busy so waiting times were 20mins but I didn't get through to anyone after waiting for an hour.  This time it said it was a 5min wait but was actually 15mins.  A call-back option, an update on position in queue and revised time on hold predictions would all be useful to have

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @chloemay, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear of the wait times you faced on the phone today.

We're saddened that you've cancelled your order and will of course ensure that  your feedback is passed on.

Let us assure you that we're currently in the middle of a recruitment drive after listening to our customers concerns and so should you choose to give us a go in the future, we're sure that you'll have a much better experience.