cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once upon a time in the west.........Midlands

floyd58-

Once upon a time in the west.........Midlands

Having placed an order for fibre broadband and phone in early February, I had completed due diligence and consulted the Which report showing that Plusnet was regarded as a sound provider of all things on t'net.

I waited patiently until the end of the month, and other than a confirmation that my remittance had been taken and that my order was underway, I heard nothing.

By early March, and wondering if anything had gone wrong, I tried unsuccessfully to contact the "Award Winning Customer Services" and found that other than waiting on the phone, there was no easy way to voice my concerns to an "Award Winning Customer Services" agent. Perhaps "callback" or even an email address would be a worthy consideration here in order to support increasingly exasperated "customers".

By mid March I eventually managed to contact a friendly gentleman in his lounge in Sheffield, we had a nice chat whilst he attempted to plumb the depths of my contract in order to assess the problem." It should be an easy internal transfer" he mused, "the agent hasn't completed the assignment, so I'll just finish it off and you should be up and running in 10-14 days"

Thus reassured, I settled back down to being patient, whilst familiarising myself with the "Goods and Services Act, 1982", which is not a stirring read by any stretch of the imagination!

On the 24th March, I tried again and eventually got through to an equally friendly lady in Sheffield, who essentially repeated the sage advice provided a couple of weeks earlier.  We are now approaching week 9 and I am wondering how on earth PLusnet can be regarded as a recommended supplier? Particularly as I delved deeper into networld, to discover that Trustpilot rates Plusnet at 1.4 stars out of a possible 5 by 7224 respondents - 84% give a bad rating to the service!

My biggest concern is the lack of communication from the "Award Winning Customer Services" team and I wonder how job handling is managed internally?  My impression is that once a call is completed there is no follow up by an agent and no supervision by management - surely the time delay between receipt of the order and non completion of an installation should have flagged up an error??  I can understand that there will be various problems and difficulties thrown up by the pandemic but since we all have access to mobile communications, the least I had hoped for was to be kept in the picture as and when delays or problems occur. Having operated in the Airline IT sphere in the 1990's I often impressed upon staff the importance of maintaining a communication channel with the customer, even if that meant taking a dialup support call in the car up in t'Pennines!

Exasperated of the Midlands

BT here I come🙂

4 REPLIES 4
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Once upon a time in the west.........Midlands

I think you are due a refund.....

From...’Which’

😉

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @floyd58- 

I'm really sorry for the delay with your transfer and experience you've had. I can see that the transfer order of your phone line was successfully submitted to our suppliers on the 24th March and it's due to complete tomorrow. 

There's a support ticket 211285916 on your account we should be monitoring and picking up in a timely fashion at every stage and I'm sorry again to see this hasn't been the case for you.

Once your phone's across we'll then place an order to upgrade your broadband service to fibre, this should take around 5 working days but it can be dependent upon engineer availability. I'll make sure we get this in place as quickly as we can.

If you prefer to cancel your order though you'll need to call our cancellations team on 0800 013 2632 before 4pm today otherwise we won't be able to cancel the phone line transfer from going through as it's imminent. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
floyd58-

Thank you for picking up this issue and giving me an update - I sincerely hope that things improve from here on in!

Kind regards!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @floyd58-

No problem, I've set a reminder to check back tomorrow

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet