Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number validation issue - info please

FIXED
act123
Grafter

Number validation issue - info please

I ordered phone & broadband on 23/7.  I didn’t hear anything after the initial acknowledgement so I checked the tickets and 179450445 showed that number validation had failed, but nothing had happened since then.  

I’ve read quite a few scare stories and didn’t want to end up without broadband so I cancelled my order.  

I may like to reorder at some point so can you please check if the issue was a problem with Plusnet systems or something else?  Also how can I avoid this issue in future?  

Presumably I just need to wait at least the usual month to ensure I qualify for any new customer offers?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Number validation issue - info please

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

It looks like the number you provided wasn't liked by the system so it was passed to a agent to place manually.

Unfortunately we couldn't get to it before you cancelled

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
act123
Grafter

Thanks for the reply.  I thought 4 days with no progress was long enough - how long does it normally take? 

The purpose of my question was to see whether it would happen again in the future.  Are you saying Plusnet didn't look at it at all so can't confirm the issue?  If so, what's the most common cause?  I've used Plusnet previously if that's relevant.  

I also asked about new customer offers - do I just need to wait 1 month?  

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

I thought 4 days with no progress was long enough - how long does it normally take? 

Ideally we'd like to manually place an order a lot sooner than what you experienced and I am sorry for the delay. 

If there is a considerable wait like you had if you contact us by phone, live chat, Facebook, Twitter or over here we'd be happy to chase it up.

The purpose of my question was to see whether it would happen again in the future.  Are you saying Plusnet didn't look at it at all so can't confirm the issue? 

We've looked at it now, and I can't see any reason of why we can't place the order retaining your number, but our automated system failed on this occasion.

If so, what's the most common cause?

Apart from what's on ticket 179450445 I'm not sure why this was the case I'm afraid.

I've used Plusnet previously if that's relevant.  

Difficult to compare your experience back then with now due to how long ago that was.

I also asked about new customer offers - do I just need to wait 1 month?  

You can re-signup at any time on the current new customer offer at that time.

Apologies for the experience you've had.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet