cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now 6 weeks without broadband !!

slithery

Now 6 weeks without broadband !!

After having problems with my initial order (Openreach had plugged in wrong line at exchange) I finally got my connection up and running 3 weeks later than originally planned.

All was well for only 2 weeks before everything went dead, contacted Plusnet to find out that another provider (TalkTalk) had slammed my line and tried to take it over despite me never having contacted them. Was assured that a new order had been placed and would be activated in 2 weeks, this was now 6 weeks ago and despite several calls to customer services with them not ringing me back as promised I still have no information on what is happening or when my broadband will be working again, despite still being charged for the service.

If I could find another provider that didn't tie me in to a contract I would have jumped ship by now but it appears I'm going to have to wait this one out. This is costing me a fortune in data charges for tethering my mobile, not a happy bunny.

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Now 6 weeks without broadband !!

Sorry to hear that.

I'm getting this chased up for you.

[edit]

Our suppliers have advised that a engineer should be going out in the next 48 hours to complete the order.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
slithery

Thanks for chasing this up, my connection is now live.

However, the speed is unusable - download is 0.14Mb/s where it used to be over 100x faster at 15Mb/s plus, any chance you can look into this for me.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I'm happy to hear you're back up and running. As for your speed, your broadband order is still in progress so we're not able to test your line. Once the order completes and if you're still having speed problems I'll look into things for you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
slithery

So it's been 48+ hours now, I'm hoping the order is complete.

Speed is still unusable, can someone take a look please.

slithery@arch:~$ speedtest-cli --simple
Ping: 53.962 ms
Download: 0.17 Mbit/s
Upload: 0.46 Mbit/s
1 - Product name: 	        Plusnet Router
2 - Serial number: 	        N7162621B008277 
3 - Firmware version:     	7.275.2_F2704N_Plusnet
4 - Board version:         	F@ST2704N
5 - Mode 	                ADSL
6 - Uptime: 	                0 days 00:07:10
7 - Data rate: 	                440/283	
8 - Maximum data rate: 	        888/15632
9 - Noise margin: 	        31.4/25.6	
10 - Line attenuation: 	        16.3/31.5	
12 - Data sent/received:        83.6K/611.6K	
20 - Broadband username:        xxxxxxxx@plusdsl.net	
21 - Wi-Fi network/SSID:        xxxxxxxxxxx
22 - Wi-Fi connections:         Enable(802.11 b/g/n(up to 144 Mb/s))20 MHz WPS disabled	
23 - Wi-Fi security: 	        WPA2
24 - Wi-Fi channel: 	        Automatic (Smart Wireless)	
25 - Firewall: 	                Default
26 - MAC Address: 	        24:7f:20:79:a9:fe
27 - Software variant 	        Version 1.0
28 - Boot loader: 	        7.275.2 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm really sorry to hear that you're still having problems.

The order has completed and testing your line I can see your line is banded at 283 kbps. I've reset it now, can you try within the next 30 minutes and let me know if you have any further problems please?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
slithery

slithery@arch:~$ speedtest-cli --simple
Ping: 39.931 ms
Download: 8.68 Mbit/s
Upload: 0.50 Mbit/s

That's much better, thanks.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Awesome, glad to see it!