Did you mean: 

Not the best start...

FIXED
bluejas1960
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Not the best start...

Hi Forum

Just putting this out there to see if this happens a lot.

I’d been on cable phone and broadband for over 20 years but thought I’d give Plusnet a chance, I signed up on 25th Sept with a phone line install date of 26th Oct, I made a note on the order that the line would need to run from a telegraph pole to my house, the engineer arrived (late) and realised that he’d need a hoist to do the work, never mind, one of his colleagues has one so he’ll go and help him on another job and return with said hoist… he didn’t come back or call with an update. A days leave wasted.

Call customer services who put me through to Provisioning who then cut me off after being on the phone for 45 mins.

In the meantime, Virgin have disconnected broadband, presumably acting on the 26th Oct date.

Finally arrange install for 5th Nov, all goes well and Openreach guy writes down the new phone number, plugs in router and says everything will be working that day, no news from Plusnet, router doesn’t work, I message customer services who say the order's been “delayed” and to call Provisioning.

Another lengthy wait on the phone to be told that the time limit had expired to export my previous phone number from Virgin so would have to be resubmitted, I explained that I’ve been given a new number anyway but Plusnet’s system shows different…

Now have a provisional go live date of 15th Nov, I must say when you eventually get through to talk to someone they’re as helpful as they can be, I've now at least four open questions on my account. I don’t think Plusnet have done me proud (yet).

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Not the best start...

Hi there.

Sorry for the issues you're experiencing with your order and for the call queues to contact us.

We're aware it can take a long time to reach us and we're taking steps to bring the wait times down.

From what I can see by reading the notes on your account, it looks like the number port is stuck in the back end supplier systems, so they're having to re-submit it to Virgin Media in the background, which takes 4 working days.

Until this has happened your telephone order can't complete which means that the linked broadband order can't either. I can assure you that this isn't normal process and not what we'd expect or want, but occasionally problems can happen.

I do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to post back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bluejas1960
Hooked

Thanks for the reply Gandalf,

What I don't understand is I wasn't really bothered if the old number was ported or not, since the new line's been installed I have a new functioning number which I'd have been happy to keep, in the meantime due to the delays Virgin have charged me £19.00 for another months line rental...

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @bluejas1960,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the issues you're currently experiencing.

I have left a ticket on your account with some information. You can view this here

Should you have any further questions, please get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha

bluejas1960
Hooked

I've added the following message to the open question.

The broadband is still not working,the phone line is live. I've been through the troubleshooting guide twice, I've logged on to the hub manager and followed the steps there, 
The routers showing an orange power light and the broadband light is flashing red. Can you confirm I'm really connected?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

What I don't understand is I wasn't really bothered if the old number was ported or not, since the new line's been installed I have a new functioning number which I'd have been happy to keep

Unfortunately and essentially once the process to import your number had started it can't be stopped, as it'd entail cancelling the order with our suppliers and starting from scratch.

The broadband is still not working,the phone line is live. I've been through the troubleshooting guide twice, I've logged on to the hub manager and followed the steps there, 
The routers showing an orange power light and the broadband light is flashing red. Can you confirm I'm really connected?

Your phone and broadband order are completed in the supplier systems, but testing your line is showing a potential fault at the cabinet(The green box in the road):

"PCP Jumpering or Tie Pair issues found most likely near to PCP. Continue submitting trouble report."

I've reported this through to our suppliers and it's been passed on to Openreach for further investigation. While an engineer should go out within the next 24-72 hours to investigate further, for this type of fault when the service has never worked, I've seen the fault be looked at by the Openreach diagnostics team instead and request that we book an appointment.

However, I'm simply going off past experience, but we'll let you know if we do need to arrange an engineer to visit your property, and we'll update you when we know more.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bluejas1960
Hooked

Fix

After speaking to [CSA Removed] on Support yesterday (who like everybody I've spoken at PN was really helpful) he confirmed the Openreach fault.I'm happy to report that I had a call today from the engineer who has fixed the fault at the cabinet,

After changing some settings and praying to the broadband gods I'm delighted to say the light on the router stayed blue and I'm finally on line.

It's been a tricky start, but the problems I've had since signing up to PN seem to be more with Openreach than anything else.

Thanks 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear the problem was fixed by the engineer and you're up and running.

Sorry for the bumpy start you had, but let us know if you do need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bluejas1960
Hooked

Hi 

Just thought I'd leave a positive message, as sometimes they're not highlighted as much as our problems.

Everything is working fine now, phone line's clear, broadband speed is as good as promised and yesterday I received a personalised  bar of chocolate from PN through the post, a nice gesture, thank you. It's more than Sir Richard ever gave me in all the years I was with him...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear things are going well and you like the chocolate. Cheesy

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet