cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not quite sure about status of new order placed

Woody67

Not quite sure about status of new order placed

We currently have our phone line with BT and broadband through Sky and last week I ordered a phone line / fibre broadband package with plusnet.

2 days after placing the order, I received a call to say I couldn't have fibre broadband so the order was cancelled and I placed a new order for a standard broadband package.

This morning I received a message to say the order was still being processed but this type of order could fail and if the service was not active it would require re-submission with a delay of 10-12 working days. I replied to this message stating that I couldn't be without broadband for this length of time so, if this was the case, I would need to cancel. In response I received a duplicate of the original message again so I called a number given to me on live chat as I explained the situation.

The gentleman I spoke to seemed knowledgeable and gave me a 'go live' date of 11th June, adding that he didn't anticipate any delays but he would put a monitor on the order to check it's progress. At this point I thought it was all sorted.

Less than an hour later I received an email to say the home phone order had now been cancelled and should I wish to sign up for it in the future I could do so on the website.

I made another call to plusnet where I was told that the broadband order hadn't been placed and a complete new order would now be raised. I again explained that I couldn't be left without broadband for 10-12 days but was told this may very well happen. I said I would cancel the order if this was the case, but was then told that it wouldn't happen albeit in a somewhat dismissive manner.

So, as far as I'm aware, a new order is now to be raised for broadband and phone line and there shouldn't be any delay switching over. I have also received a letter from BT saying that our number will be switched on the 6th June but I don't even have a revised 'go live' date yet. I'm really not convinced, especially the way it has all been handled so far, and I'd like some reassurances that this is actually now going to happen and we won't be left without broadband for any length of time.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Not quite sure about status of new order placed

Hi there.

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to our community forums.

I'm sorry to see we've encountered problems with your order. Unfortunately it looks like the initial order our automated system placed failed within the Openreach systems because it only placed the phone order and not the broadband too.

I can see we've manually replaced both orders today and we should be able to confirm the completion date within 24-48 hours. It's a rarity that a phone order would complete and then a broadband order would fail leaving you without service. However if that does happen when we replace the broadband order we'd be able to request it's fast tracked.

Having said that as we're doing a straight transfer from BT if the phone order completes and broadband order fails, I'd expect your broadband to continue working with BT and we'll then just transfer the broadband service separately.

The letter you've received from BT regarding your number port on the 6th June would likely be in relation to the previous failed order due to our error however we'll confirm things soon for you.

Apologies for the concern and confusion we've caused on this occasion.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Woody67

Thank you for the reply.

Things are, I think, a little clearer now. I had another email and a call this afternoon from Jack (the knowledgeable gentleman I spoke to earlier in the day) and he explained the situation well, giving me a little more confidence that the order is now on track.

I have also since received another email informing me that the telephone line will transfer on 13th June so hopefully BT won't stop it at their end before then.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem and sorry again for the rough start you've had.

It's likely you'll receive another notification from BT shortly to advise of the new transfer date.

Feel free to let us know over here if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet