cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not informed of Broadband activation date despite calling to confirm this morning!?!?

FIXED
bondbournemouth

Not informed of Broadband activation date despite calling to confirm this morning!?!?

Hi,
I called this morning to confirm that my service would definitely be installed today as I had received a few worrying emails saying my order was being reviewed and put on hold. After speaking with the agent, he confirmed it was still planned for today.
I have just checked on the broadband checker and it is now saying tomorrow however I haven't been notified of this!!
I already have a working phone line in the house along with it being connected to Talk Talk fibre and so I can't see why there has been a delay and more importantly why I've not been notified.
Please could you let me know ASAP?
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Not informed of Broadband activation date despite calling to confirm this morning!?!?

Fix

I have just checked on the broadband checker and it is now saying tomorrow however I haven't been notified of this!!

Don't panic! The date shown  on the broadband checker refers to 00:00 on that date. In effect, if it says tomorrow , it really means effectively by midnight today. Confusing isn't it!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bondbournemouth

Re: Not informed of Broadband activation date despite calling to confirm this morning!?!?

Hi there,

Firstly thanks for the swift response, I really appreciate it.

That makes a lot of sense as today technically finished at 23:59... Fingers crossed its activated soon as I have a lot of Netflix to catch up on after dinner.

Thanks once again and I must say, everyone I have spoken to at Plusnet so far seems really great.
bondbournemouth

Broadband Switch Not Happened

Good Morning

So despite calling and speaking with plusnet three times to ensure that my order would be completed yesterday and being assured each time that it would be completed by midnight, the switch has not happened!! in fact nothing seems to have happened at all!

I appreciate that everyone is really busy at the moment however I need my broadband service to be active to enable my son to do his school work from home (currently using mobile data however this is slow and almost used up)

Please can you investigate urgently why this hasn't happened!!?

Many Thanks
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Broadband Switch Not Happened

Moderators Note

Two topics from same OP merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @bondbournemouth Sorry for the issues with your order and apologies for the delayed staff response.

I've added a reply to your other thread you can view and respond to by going Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet