cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not at home on start date

pea5t

Not at home on start date

I shall be away from home for a couple of days before and after my provider changes to Plusnet. If I configure my Archer VR400 modem router with the relevant Plusnet settings before I leave, will this automatically connect to the Plusnet service when the transfer takes place, or will I have to wait till I am back home for some reason. Thanks in anticipation.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Not at home on start date

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @pea5t 

In theory this would just be the same as plugging in the PN supplied router and allowing it to establish the authentication when the connection is present...so it *could* work and be fine. 

No idea if the loss of one ISP info and arrival of a second will confuse the matter and cause the hardware to be stubborn. 

I suppose you could give it a go - if it doesn't work you'll just need to re auth it when you come back. 

Let us know wither way. 

Thanks, 

MoR

pea5t

Thanks for your comments MoR. Yes, I'll go ahead and see what happens. The VR400 is on a timer plug to force it to power down for 5 minutes and re-boot in the dead of night, so I hope this would clear the possible ISP confusion you mention. The main reason to hope it works automatically is that the property is a holiday home monitored by IP cameras, and the 'couple' of days of absence after cutover is actually likely to be weeks rather than days.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Ok @pea5t 

Hopefully it all works out for you - i can't see any guaranteed reason why it wouldn't work, but I wouldn't like to give you my 100% guarantee on it. 

Thanks, 

MoR