cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a great start...

clb516

Not a great start...

So I placed an order to move from BT to Plusnet 2 weeks ago and the activation should have been yesterday. Having still not received the router I contacted Plusnet on Wednesday and it came this morning. However, the activation has not happened and the order tracker is just showing 'Activating your line - Broadband orders typically take a week to complete. We're waiting for confirmation that your broadband order, due {strCustActivationdate}, has completed'...

What does this mean? The activation date in the sign up email was clearly the 18th June ☹️ Is the order progressing?Huh

Carole. 

8 REPLIES 8
wardyface
Hooked

Re: Not a great start...

I signed up at the end of May. No router and no progress. I did get a bag to return my BT Hub 🤷‍♀️

Like you, I’m not impressed so far. My activation date was supposed to be 15th June. A promised phone call failed to materialise but I did get an email to say they won’t look again at my order til 22nd June - a full week later than I was told.
clb516

Seems things get worse...

Not only has the broadband not activated yet, I've got an email today stating:

We can confirm that your order for Home Phone has now been cancelled.

Should you wish to sign up for our Home Phone service in the future, you can do so though our website -
https://www.plus.net/upgrade_process.html

Why? I haven't asked for it to be cancelled...Does anyone actually know what is going on with these orders?

wardyface
Hooked

Crikey! Try ringing them to ask why your order is cancelled.
clb516

Long story but the order is for an elderly neighbour of my parents who is nearly 80 and so nobody will talk to me. She is upset and confused by it all and doesn't like speaking to strangers on the phone. I offered to sort the switch out for her as BT were robbing her of nearly £70 a month.

The person I spoke to on the phone the other day said they would send an email updating what is going on, which is fine as I have access to the Plusnet account and her email - but guess what...No email, other than the one cancelling home phone!

I've now sent a tweet to @plusnethelp and also replied to the cancellation email - Hopefully someone will make sense of this mess!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@clb516 while you are waiting for a plusnet response, take a look at any questions/service notices that may have been raised on the account.

Login to the account and then goto https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search that should show any 'open' questions and also a link to look at 'closed' questions.

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

clb516

Thanks MisterW,

I've had a look but it only really tells me the same as the emails I've received about the hub dispatch and the cancellation of home phone Sad

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

In that case , we need a Plusnet staffer to look and see what's happened. Hopefully one will pick this up shortly...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cbcadmin
Grafter

Re: Not a great start... but

Was this ever sorted?

I am beginning to think that what I thought was a simple coding error - strCustActivationDate is infact a sign that all is not well with an order.

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7