cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a great start!

Tims2611

Not a great start!

Just ordered today and cancelled with Virgin Media. Order went through but later I received a text and email informing my order had ‘ceased’ as the telephone number given is incorrect which is not the case. This is a Virgin Media line so is it anything to do with that?

i have tried the chat function to resolve this with no success as it simply wouldn’t connect. I then tried the 0800 number and was on hold for 22 minutes, before getting cut off. This is very concerning to me as I chose Plusnet based on their ‘award winning’ customer service and I remember the dark days of talk talk, I’m getting an awful feeling of deja vue and I’m not even a customer yet!

Does anyone know how I can resolve this quickly?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Tims2611

Re: Not a great start!

Just a quick addendum. I’ve cancelled my order this morning, after spending another 20 minutes on hold on a telephone number I’ve been asked to ring to sort my problem out, and getting cut off AGAIN! I’m not going to able to live with such poor service.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @Tims2611

Thank you for getting in touch with us via the community forums regarding your query.

I am sorry to see that you have cancelled your order before it had even started. From looking at the account I can see that the ticket that was sent to you was because the telephone number supplied is not a BT number and that there is no working BT line in your property which means that a new line is to be installed.

I can see that the order is cancelled now and that your initial fees are in the process of being refunded.

Tims2611

Yes, I cancelled the order ‘before it had even started’ as it was obvious that there was no way of contacting anyone to resolve it. I tried on 3 separate occasions to resolve this, and the fact that I was on hold for 40+ minutes without actually managing to speak to anyone speaks volumes. Your chat function is also useless, or was on the two occasions I tried it.

Also, the message I received said nothing about the BT line issue, it just said that I had given the incorrect telephone number. I’m presuming that this caveat on Virgin lines is tucked away somewhere on the website but I couldn’t spot it. Added to the fact that as part of the ordering process, I gave my phone number for checking and it wasn’t picked up then. I’ll stick with Virgin thank you very much, at least they answer the phone!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Apologies for the wait times over the phone, it's something we're working on.

Digging into this, we should have been able to place a new line install, importing your phone number. Apologies for the lack of communication with regards to the problem with your order.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tims2611

Yes it’s a shame as I was quite taken with the idea of award winnng customer service and wouldn’t have cancelled the order had someone actually answered the phone on either occasion.