Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a good start

FIXED
ForAllTheFish
Hooked

Not a good start

Tried to sign up for broadband yesterday and because we need a line installed had to pay £74.98 up front. Having paid and filled out the rest of the form, including bank details, I click the last button and get “Sorry there has been a technical problem, don’t worry, if you don’t get an email in the next 24 hours ring this number .....

No email arrives so I ring the number only to be told there is no sign of any order and my payment ‘should’ get refunded. I’m not sure how it gets refunded if there is no record of it being paid in the first place. I declined the offer to sign up again over the phone which would involve paying again.

Transactions from yesterday are still showing as pending on the bank account but once it goes though it look like I will be spending the next few weeks chasing a chargeback instead of having broadband installed Sad

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Not a good start

Fix

If the order didn't get completed, then the pending transaction should time-out on the account and never actually go through.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ForAllTheFish
Hooked

Thanks MisterW that sounds promising.

I’ll leave it till Monday morning. If the payment has timed out or is still stuck on pending I will know its not going through and can try again.

I’ll also know by then if the order has been floating around waiting to be put through manually. If I hear nothing by Monday I will know its completely lost and isn’t going to suddenly resurface.

ForAllTheFish
Hooked

The pending payment timed out on Tuesday so it was only there for five days.

Put through a new order today and everything is looking good.

It’s a new line install so bracing myself for possible delays but with a telegraph pole at the bottom of the garden we should be ok.