cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Happy with Plusnet - New Customer

nar06esh
Dabbler

Not Happy with Plusnet - New Customer

I applied for plus net broadband on 3rd Nov and they promised to get broadband up and running on 17th Nov at max (14 days). But its 19th Now. Still my broadband is not running. They say problem at some exchange end. Its really frustrating without broadband. I never faced such delay from Sky in the past. 

Hope to get it resolved asap.

22 REPLIES 22
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Not Happy with Plusnet - New Customer

@nar06esh If the problem is where you say, the responsibility to rectify it is BT/Openreach's , although PN should be chasing it.

John
nar06esh
Dabbler

Yes you are right that PN should be chasing. As a customer I opted PN to provide me the service on time.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Understand your frustration, but BT/OR work to their own schedules. Even if PN push, they are often told 'come back tomorrow - we may have more news'

What is the latest response from PN, and when did you get it?

John
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

PlusNet have not joined the Automatic Compensation  Scheme  both BT & EE have

So if makes sense for Openreach to sort BT/EE first

Delays with the start of a new service Their provider promises to start a new service on a particular date, but fails to do so. £5.04 for each calendar day of delay, including the missed start date.
nar06esh
Dabbler

PN said yesterday that they should get back to me with update in 24 hours (they did not say to fix in 24 hours). its 23 hours over now . No update yet. 

lets see whats the response. I am not sure what to do with the update if problem is not fixed.

nar06esh
Dabbler

good to know this. If I knew earlier I wouldn't have opted PN just to save a few quid. 

nar06esh
Dabbler

Np update even after 26 hours. I called again, PN set they assigned it to wrong team earlier. Now transferring to right team and asked to wait for another 24 hours. What a pathetic service.

Any suggestion if I can cancel my subscription and get any better alternate quickly?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for your time on the phone this afternoon @nar06esh it was a pleasure to talk to you. Again, please accept our apologies for the provisioning delays on your order, which are being caused by Openreach requiring access to the line plant on the D side - between the exchange and distribution point.

As you're aware, I've been in touch with them today, and have been advised that we're due a further update on this by 24/11/2021, though I can see that the relevant activity on the order is in an "executing" status, so I'm hoping this can be done prior to the review date, no guarantees at this point though.

I've updated the open ticket on your account, which is now under my personal ownership, you can both view and respond to it here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
nar06esh
Dabbler

Thank you Adam. I really hope I should not have to wait until 24th Nov and it gets solved sooner. Also as you mentioned about  the compensation that PlusNet provides in case of delays, if you could provide details when you get those,  that will be useful.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Apologies @nar06esh

We assess complaints on a case by case basis, so we don't have a set amount of compensation for each complaint. Our automatic compensation scheme differs slightly from the Ofcom one, and different processes apply for both Technical and Provisioning delays.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@adam945  Your response to @nar06esh is the most obscure and unhelpful drivel which will do nothing to provide any useful information. You need to be more proactive and not hide behind a screen of jargon.

nar06esh
Dabbler

That's right, even if your compensation differs from others, where it is documented. Please let me know the exactly how much I should be getting back in my case.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Good Morning @nar06esh, any goodwill/ compensation is discussed at the point the issue the complaint is regarding is resolved, as this allows us to consider the issue as a whole. Adam has ownership of this matter for you and at that point it is resolved, will discuss this further with you but the main priority at the moment is getting you a working service.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still