cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Cancelling my order.

calbliss
Grafter

Not Cancelling my order.

I started a move to Plusnet on the 24th Nov from BT because of the prices rises but I cancelled it on the 27th Nov as I wanted BT sports on my Sky Q and plusnet could only give me this on my main box which was of no use to me.

I started a new contract with BT on the 28th nov and as of today I have been cut off no phone no broadband no tv I have lost everything with no warning.

BT informed me that a cease and reprovide order was submitted and they processed the order.

The date I was given for the phone transfer was the 8th Dec and i had an email confirming this was cancelled on the 28th Nov.

I had no date for the broadband transfer but did have an email from plusnet on the 27th Nov confirming this was also cancelled.

I phoned plusnet customer services earlier today and was politly told that it wasnt there resposibilty to tell BT the order to move to plusnet was cancelled.

Is this correct?

As I am going to be without phone, broadband and tv for a number of weeks and I would really like to find out who is at fault.

Cal B

5 REPLIES 5
johnjamesmullin

Re: Not Cancelling my order.

It's 100% Plusnet's fault but they aren't going to admit it.

They messed up my move as well. I got cut off from my existing supplier and hadn't received a router from Plusnet so when I rang they told me it would take 7-10 days to get my service up and running. This was not acceptable so I cancelled the contract there and then and went to Virgin. Of course I lost my phone number that I had for years and wanted to keep.

A month later they sent me an email informing me that they were about to take money from my bank account so I cancelled the direct debit. So I'm now receiving bills for a service they are not supplying me on a phone line that is dead if you ring it.

Great service there Plusnet. 

dgilbert2
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

What a mess!

Plusnet should have cancelled their request

**BT should have blocked the take over**

Anyway what to do now?

If it was me I would start by calling BT on 0800 028 3098 (select option 1), that team deal with retention's like your case when you have said you want to leave. They should be able to sort this mess out and get a re-connection order put through to Openreach as they failed to apply the block on Plusnet?

I feel this is now a BT issue, Good luck

calbliss
Grafter

Ok this is really getting beyond the joke.

After spending a long time on the phone with BT this morning trying to get all my services reconnected I got an email with the details and reconnection dates.

An hour later I got another email which said

Thanks for your order. When we were putting it all through, we noticed that you've still got an order with another company.

And BT have now put my order on hold.

Can somebody from your customer services please get in touch with me so I can get this mess sorted out.

Cal B

johnjamesmullin

@calbliss wrote:

When we were putting it all through, we noticed that you've still got an order with another company.

And BT have now put my order on hold.

That's all the proof you need, I'm not sure what good it will do though as they'll find a way of wriggling out of paying you any compensation for all the hardship they've put you through.

I feel your pain, I was without broadband for a week to 10 days but it was going to take Plusnet the same amount of time to get me connected so I think I made the right decision in the end.

Chalk it down to experience and move on I say but everyone thinks differently so do what you think is best, good luck Cal.

John

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Cal. I'm sorry to hear of the experience you're having.

I can confirm that we cancelled the orders to takeover your service when your account was closed, so I'm not sure why your current provider have ceased the service at all. That's something that they would need to investigate I'm afraid.

When we were putting it all through, we noticed that you've still got an order with another company.

I've discussed this with our suppliers, and they can confirm that our order is cancelled in all their applications.

It sounds like there's a records issue, so I'd recommend asking your provider to raise a "TAGs Query" to investigate this.

-Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet