cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Start Up

colin3
Hooked

Non Start Up

Just chased up my order for phone and fibre broadband due 9th September. Started to get worried when no router had arrived by today the 6th. After waiting 26th in line I was told the orders had been cancelled. No info from plus net to tell me there had been a problem until I chased this up. Now the clock restarts and new date is the 20th Sept. I am prepared to be patient and give it another go. Anyone had similar lack of info and what to do to make sure it goes ahead this time. Not off to a good start

6 REPLIES 6
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: Non Start Up

Hi colin3,

I am sorry to hear about the issues that you have had with your order. I can see from checking this that the reason for delay was because the loosing supplier on the line rejected the take over which we unfortunately didn't receive any notification regarding this to replace the orders.

I can now confirm that the orders have been replaced and we have committed confirmation that these are going ahead for the 29/09/2016 and can take up to midnight to complete.

colin3
Hooked

Ben, thanks for taking the time to reply. I have had various communication from the previous provider stating they were sorry I was leaving etc etc by email and letter so they did know. Its just disappointing that this sort of thing goes on. Anyway lets hope all goes well for the 20th. Should I contact an agent in say a weeks time to ensure things are still  on schedule......thanks again

colin3
Hooked

Ben,

Just noticed ...the date I was given for the second attempt from Plusnet was 20th September but you are quoting 29th !!!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The orders are in place for the 29th, not the 20th. Sorry if this is later than anticipated, however I can't see the date of the 20th anywhere on your account.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
colin3
Hooked

Quite a few community people have contacted me with info so thanks for that. Good news is that my router has arrived and it looks as if everything is now in place for the 29th. I am still a little unhappy given that the first date was the 9th , I am sure I was told the 20th during the online chat session earlier in the week and now its the 29th. The 29th is way more than the 10 days expected connection period. OK, lets put this to bed and just put it down to one of these things. Thanks again for the support and we look forward to our new service.

colin3
Hooked

Plus net Team,

I was going to kill this thread with my last comment however I received a cancellation letter from my current provider today the 10th agreeing that the service was moving to the new provider on the 20th sept which was the date I was given verbally by the Plusnet chat agent...as mentioned in my previous post Plus net seem to have stretched this to the 29th...not a major problem but seems a long time for such a change over.....never mind hopefully this confusion does not impact the transfer between old provider and Plus net