Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No welcome email

FIXED
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

No welcome email

I placed a order to return to plusnet on Monday, but so far I've heard nothing from PN.

Do they not bother with a welcome or confirmation email? Undecided

17 REPLIES 17
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: No welcome email

WB npr, I was worried you had faded away!

phew Thumbs_Up

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome back @npr.

Could you drop me a pm with your new username please and I'll have a look in to this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
npr
Pro

Hi 30FTTC06, thanks for the WB, don't see many of the old faces around. Shocked

@HarryB, PM sent.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the PM. I've searched the username you've provided and it's not bringing up any Plusnet accounts.

While I appreciate you're saying a payment has left your account, it's likely that it has gone in to some sort of holding state and not come through to us, as no account was actually signed up. From past experience, I'd expect this payment to turn up back in your account around 1 week after it went in to the holding state.

I do apologise for any inconvenience/confusion this has caused, however if you're signing up for fibre, it may be worth giving our sales team a call to go over a new signup over the phone so they can take the appropriate action and ensure the account makes it through the signup if you're still wanting to start a new account with us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
npr
Pro

Thanks, I signed up through a cashback account so it's no help signing up again over the phone.
The cashback has tracking but for only for half the amount so it may be just the line rental which has gone through.

Is there no way you can get someone to give this order a kick.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@npr wrote:

The cashback has tracking...

Is there no way you can get someone to give this order a kick.

I'm not sure how to be honest Huh

There is no account. It's unfortunately not a case of manual intervention to progress some orders, the account does not exist at all.

Can you provide us with a link to the offer you signed up to please.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
npr
Pro

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the link, could you also confirm which package you were signing up for as the link has offers for each package. (Sorry I forgot to ask this in my previous response)

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
npr
Pro

38Mb @ £25  /month.

npr
Pro

Something strange is happening, just looked at my options re-other ISP. When I put my phone number in their web site they said they could not offer me a service ---

You have a service on your phone line that prevents us from checking it.

they were able to offer me a service two days ago. Is it possible BT or PN have placed a block on my phone line?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm not entirely what would have caused that to be honest, however as no account with us was created with us.

Could you drop me another PM with a contact number, I've discussed this with my manager and we should be able to get this resolved over the phone while still honouring the cashback (£90) on the link provided.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
npr
Pro

Had a phone call from Plusnet sales last night and agreed to sign up again, I was assured the £50 I paid for the failed sign up would be returned within a couple of days.

As of this morning I still have not received the welcome / confirmation email and my login to plusnets member centre still does not work.

Looks like the second attempt at signing up has also failed and I'm now £100.99 out of pocket.

What on earth is happening at Plusnet Ticked_off

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@npr wrote:

What on earth is happening at Plusnet Ticked_off

To be honest, I was thinking the same thing. However having discussed this with @JonoH, I believe we're now getting somewhere.

Following your conversation with @JonoH, I've placed your orders and sent a ticket via your account. I'll be keeping an eye on the account moving forward so I can deal with the cashback once the services are active.

@npr wrote:

I'm now £100.99 out of pocket.

I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this is causing, I do hope you're not waiting too long for the money to return to your available funds from the holding state it will currently be in.

Thanks for your patience.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Fix

Hopefully it's plain sailing from here, I'll contact you when the order commits with our suppliers and we have a transfer date.

In the meantime if you need any help please feel free to contact either myself or @HarryB here on the forums.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager