Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sign of router or order for FTTC?

FIXED
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

No sign of router or order for FTTC?

My brother who currently has a PlusNet ADSL account decided to apply for FTTC last Monday 12th March an received an email to say that it would be activated on 19th March (tomorrow),

Since then he has not received any other information, no router, no confirmation of the engineer appointment, nothing at all he says. I asked him to check the order status on the PlusNet order status page, and he says it isn’t there.

Is it possible that an upgrade can be accepted by the system, and a date be given without any record of an order being recorded?

15 REPLIES 15
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: No sign of router or order for FTTC?

Ask your brother to look here, any activity on his account will show there.

gm4jjj
Rising Star

Thank you, I have sent him the link and await his reply.

gm4jjj
Rising Star

He replied to me to say “nothing showing”?

gm4jjj
Rising Star

I asked him to forward the one email he received from PN regarding his request to change product.

This is a part of it:

We've received your product change request and have now started the process of moving your products to:

• Broadband package: Unlimited Fibre (Without Phone)

• Hardware: Plusnet wireless router
This will change over on 19th March 2018 and your new cost per month will be £17.49.

But nothing since and no order number.

Browni
Aspiring Hero

One other place to look is the BT DSL Checker website and see if there is any mention of an open order in the narrative below the speed estimates.

You can check that yourself by inputting your brother's telephone number.

gm4jjj
Rising Star

Thanks, I have checked that again just now and indeed it does show an open order. To be completed by 23 March 18.

Odd that PN have no order details or anything showing?

Not quite sure what is going on, hopefully some kind PN person will jump in and clarify, please PM for details of the account. 

Browni
Aspiring Hero

I'm surprised nothing is showing for both links.

The default for the 1st link is 7 days, does anything show if 30 days was chosen instead?

gm4jjj
Rising Star

I don’t know if you saw my edited post, where I said that the BT link does show a date. I had missed the info when I looked at it first time. I assume my brother was looking at the default 7 days, yes.

Will have to get my brother to chase this with PN, but he is very busy and I am trying to assist him with this as he does so much for me.  23rd is only a few days away and I would thought it would be on the PN system by now.

If anyone from PN reads this, please PM me for details of the account, it would be much appreciated. 

gm4jjj
Rising Star

Thanks.

Update from brother once he looked at last 30 days:

Service Notification
12:03am, Tuesday 13 Mar 2018
An update report has been received for this account.

The broadband service is now being transferred to the 21C Network.

The transfer will complete by midnight on 24/03/2018.

question:

21CN isn’t FTTC, just an intermediate stage that is needed? - have I got that right?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

The 21CN message is just some nonsense that comes out of PlusNet's automation systems when FTTC is provided. I had the same when I upgraded to FTTC from ADSL.

gm4jjj
Rising Star

Thanks for that.

Still not certain where we are regarding the install, as no router, and no engineer appointment for the modem install. 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Our FTTC provisioning is typically 'self-install' so won't require an engineer to provide a separate modem. A combined router/modem will be dispatched a couple of days prior to activation (which based on the evidence in this thread is likely to be 23rd/24th).

If you can supply a ticket reference from your brother's accounts then I don't mind taking a quick look to ensure everything's progressing as it should be?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

gm4jjj
Rising Star

Bob,

Very nice to hear from you again, I recognise you from years ago. 

I had not realised that the modem/router was self install nowadays. In my own case a few years ago it was an engineer who provided a VDSL modem and installed the necessary changes to the telephone wiring. 

We dont appear to have  ticket reference number, unless it is showing in the activity on the account for the past 40 days that the link provided. I shall PM details of the account I am referring to.

Is there some webpage that details how the self install is to be done, or does that all just come with the modem/router? 

I was thinking I knew how this all worked, but of course am completely out of date it appears😊  

Thanks again.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Fix

Thanks, replied to your PM. The order seems to be progressing OK and is due for activation on the 23rd.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵