cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sign of order being processed.

tekhoi
Dabbler

No sign of order being processed.

6 days ago I made the error of ordering business broadband with new line and thinking Plusnet to be a reliable company. 

Seems I was mistaken. Thought I would post the details here in case anyone can help.

When ordering I selected an installation date for an engineer to visit of 4th September.

After ordering I didn't get anything confirming the installation date, then after a couple days I notice an internal support message on my account.

Then I tried to phone but the person I spoke to was totally useless and no help at all.

I think its totally outrageous that after 6 days I am still waiting for any sort of communication about whats going on.

Here is a copy of the internal messages I see, maybe someone can explain:

===========================================================================================

We've been unable to place the order for your phone service.

Our support team will look to resolve this. You don't need to do anything.

[internal note]
System unable to place wlr3 order. Details are:

CLI: 
Postcode: IP8 4BZ
Order type: Provide
Error message: 
Caused by AddAppointmentAction with parameters contactNumber - xxxxxxxx, cssDatabaseCode - EA, installationType - null, locationType - Business, slot - PM, date - java.util.GregorianCalendar[time=1567551600000,areFieldsSet=true,areAllFieldsSet=false,lenient=true,zone=sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo[id="GB-Eire",offset=0,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,transitions=242,lastRule=java.util.SimpleTimeZone[id=GB-Eire,offset=0,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,startYear=0,startMode=2,startMonth=2,startDay=-1,startDayOfWeek=1,startTime=3600000,startTimeMode=2,endMode=2,endMonth=9,endDay=-1,endDayOfWeek=1,endTime=3600000,endTimeMode=2]],firstDayOfWeek=2,minimalDaysInFirstWeek=4,ERA=?,YEAR=2019,MONTH=8,WEEK_OF_YEAR=?,WEEK_OF_MONTH=?,DAY_OF_MONTH=4,DAY_OF_YEAR=?,DAY_OF_WEEK=?,DAY_OF_WEEK_IN_MONTH=?,AM_PM=?,HOUR=?,HOUR_OF_DAY=?,MINUTE=?,SECOND=?,MILLISECOND=?,ZONE_OFFSET=?,DST_OFFSET=?], addressRef - A14143599046, appointmentRequestType - PROVIDE.
Error Message : Openreach have not returned any appointments for a installation job of this size. If you are providing a new service then the order can be resubmitted using Add New Address which will cause appointing to be skipped.
Additional information:

--------------------------

*Internal*

Applied to cancel LORN Effected BB Order. Please replace new order once existing BB Order cancels. Thank you. Cancellation Ref: 4-808931744104

22 REPLIES 22
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: No sign of order being processed.

Thanks for getting in touch @tekhoi 

I'm sorry to see there has been a delay with your order and for the lack of communication regarding this. Unfortunately it looks like our automated system was unable to correctly pass this on through to our suppliers on this occasion.

I've now manually placed the order with our suppliers and we'll confirm your appointment date for an engineer to visit within the next 24 to 48 hours which would be based upon engineer availability.

If you need to change the date we provide or have any further queries, please feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tekhoi
Dabbler

I have received an email and txt message that say

Your service is due to go live on 12/09/2019. Your order could complete any time on this date, up to midnight. Please don't set up your router until we confirm the service is live.

You are supposed to be sending an Openreach engineer to install a line, this doesn't say when the engineer is coming?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can see the engineer appointment is booked for 11/09/19 between 1pm and 6pm to install your phone line. I'd expect you to receive another email to confirm this over the next 24 hours.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tekhoi
Dabbler

Hello again.

The installation failed due to an Openreach technical issue, but you have sent me an email stating it failed due to incorrect details being provided.

I have updated the open ticket with the tech details I was given.

Its pretty outrageous sending an email telling me I will be charged for a failed call when its an Openreach issue.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @tekhoi, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the email you have received surrounding the engineer visit. From speaking with our suppliers it's correct that the engineer was unable to complete the work due to further external work being required. Please note this is not through any fault of your own and I'd like to assure you that a charge will not be applicable. I've spoken to the suppliers and have provided a further update here

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
tekhoi
Dabbler

Hello again,

Since last Wednesday we have had 3 visits from different Openreach engineers!!

Today the engineer has told me the problem is resolved and the cabling is now connected to a new cabinet (it turns out only half the pairs into the building were connected to a cabinet)

However, he told us it may get reported back to you as a failed install because he was here just to fix the fault, to complete  the line installation will need another engineer.

There is an extra bonus, the new cabinet that the line is now connected to supports VDSL (the old one was ADSL only) so I will be wanting to upgrade as well - how do I do that?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @tekhoi

We can see the notes from the engineer who went out today stating "Line had to be diverted from jrc next to cabinet 16, into the cab and back out. All tests passed ltok "

The orders been passed back to us now so we'll need to arrange another appointment for them to complete the installation.

Can you respond to the ticket on your account here and let us know once you've responded?

With regards to upgrading to fibre once the order is complete and the records for the line update you should be able to call us to request an upgrade

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
tekhoi
Dabbler

It seems that support tickets only get answered when I also post here?

Yesterday I replied to your update accepting the latest date for an Engineer to visit yet again. Don't have any confirmation yet.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @tekhoi.

We'll get the ticket updated shortly for you

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
tekhoi
Dabbler

My service was activated on Friday after nearly a month of waiting.

However its not the end of the problems.

This is a business broadband package that included free activation and static IP

1) In the initial invoice I have been charged a £10 activation fee

2) When I try to set a static IP I get a message that its not available on my package

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @tekhoi,

I'm very sorry that you have been charged an activation fee and that it's not allowing you to add the static IP, which is free of charge with your package.

I have sent you a refund of £10 for the activation fee and this'll be back in your bank account within 5-10 working days.

I have added the static IP to your account and if you reboot your router, you'll move over to the static IP right away. I can confirm that you won't be charged for this.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
tekhoi
Dabbler

Hi again,

The static IP section of my account states:

Current Status: You are currently using a dynamic IP address

Based on your previous message this should have been updated I believe?

Also, this new line was connected to a cabinet that supports VDSL - however when I check the upgrade options, there are no options listed, how long will it take to show as being available?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @tekhoi,

I've made some further changes to the account which should enable the Static IP Address. Please let us know if this reflects on your end of things.

Regarding the Fibre capability of your local cabinet, I can't see that Fibre would be available for yourself at this stage and I'm afraid I don't know when it will become available. If it's only just been installed recently it may take some time before things go live, so it may be worth checking for updates every now and then.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
tekhoi
Dabbler

@TheMightyAJ   According to the availability checker on Openreach website FTTC is available, how do I go about escalating this or logging a complaint?