Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No router yet

FIXED
adammedley997
Hooked

No router yet

My broadband is due to activate tomorrow ( 10/9/2018 ) but I have not yet received the plusnet router. I've looked at the order tracker in the member centre, and the 'Hardware delivery' section is saying that the order has not yet been placed. When can I expect to receive the router. I need broad band to work. I've arranged not to need it on the changeover day, but it has to be working by the 11th of September. 

10 REPLIES 10
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: No router yet

Hi Adam,

A warm welcome to the forums. Use the link below to check your support tickets. There have been cases where a lack of BT Openreach resources has resulted in installation dates slipping. For one reason or another that can defer the delivery of the router, but not communicate the same to the user. At the other extreme it could have been lost by the post office.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adammedley997
Hooked

I now have an e-mail saying that my Broadband has been activated and my order is now complete, but still no sign of any router. How can I find out where it is?

My order tracker page has ticks against every section apart from hardware delivery which says:

Hardware delivery

The order is awaiting processing

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@JonoH

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@adammedley997 wrote:

I now have an e-mail saying that my Broadband has been activated and my order is now complete, but still no sign of any router. How can I find out where it is?

My order tracker page has ticks against every section apart from hardware delivery which says:

Hardware delivery

The order is awaiting processing

Hi Adam, really sorry about this, it's been ordered and will leave our distribution centre today. It should fit through a normal sized postbox.

Let us know if it's not with you in a couple of days.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
adammedley997
Hooked

Not a good start. I hope it has been sent next day delivery.

Presumably I'm not being charged for my Broadband connection whilst I am unable to use it?

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@adammedley997 wrote:

I hope it has been sent next day delivery.

it's being sent Royal Mail first class.

Presumably I'm not being charged for my Broadband connection whilst I am unable to use it?

I've already added a credit note to your bill that equates to 1 weeks free broadband. I'm really sorry about the delay.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
adammedley997
Hooked

OK - hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Fix

Don't you have a router that you could use, all you need is your username and password, more detailed instructions are available in the Router board.

adammedley997
Hooked

My current router is a TalkTalk one which doesn't seem to allow me to change my username and password. 

However I have managed to dig out an old BT home hub so I'll have a go with that. 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Do let us know if you need more info - but if it's normal ADSL any of the Home Hubs should be fine, but only the HH5 or 6 work on VDSL/FTTC.