cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No router or contact from plusnet

Sparrow13
Hooked

No router or contact from plusnet

After switching from my last provider to another I had no Internet for a week and no help so I cancelled with new provider. I then called plus net and joined. They told me I would be up and running by 26th march. I have had no router or emails to give a date or any idea if it's actually happening. I phoned on the 12th March so its 2 weeks ago today. Working partially from home is now more of a nightmare using mobile hotspot. 2 weeks without WiFi although actually 3 weeks due to nightmare with previous provider. All very frustrating and need WiFi for so many things including security camera in present situation. Can anyone help, let me know when I can expect the router and WiFi to be activated. Never had so much trouble with broadband or providers as recently.
8 REPLIES 8
Tg22

Re: No router or contact from plusnet

I had same problem the engineer came to connect my phone line on the 12th said my router should have arrived and i was good to go once it did. 3 days later i phoned they hadnt even sent it out. I recieved router over a week ago told i couldnt plug it in till i got a message telling me my broadband is live. Spoke to them another 3 times. Told it should be connected and plug it in today im still sat with no internet and no doubt another wasted phonecall later today.
Sparrow13
Hooked

Phoned plus net today. They told me my order had not been placed due to system error, even tho iv had a letter to welcome me, they have taken the money out my account, but no order placed. Beyond angry. They have opened a complaint, for what good that will do, and I have to wait another 2 weeks poss longer due to Easter before I get wifi. Where can you complain further about the lack of service? Its ridiculous that this can happen. Blaming a system error is not good enough, someone inputs the system. Working from home and daughter doing uni work wifi is essential just now more than ever. Never had any trouble in last 20 years with different wifi providers or switching yet this has been an utter nightmare. Disgusted with plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Sparrow13 I'm really sorry to see this. I've been looking at what we can do to get you back on more quickly and have taken ownership of your complaint going forward and have added an update to the open ticket on your account with further details here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=212811993 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Sparrow13
Hooked

Hi, I received an email and text to say my phone and broadband have gone live today (finally) but I have not received my router. Can you tell me when I will get it? I'm beyond fed up with this. First no order processed, then it gets pushed through (thanks) but now it's live I still can't use it as iv no router. Very frustrated and never in 20 years have I experienced this before its ridiculous.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm so sorry to see that the router hasn't reached you. We've dispatched another which should reach you within the next 3 working day's time. Please let me know when that's been received so that I can arrange for the time without service as a result to be refunded.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Sparrow13
Hooked

Is that 3 working days? And with easter weekend approaching this will make it the middle of next week before I receive it. So fed up with this.
Sparrow13
Hooked

Recieved router today....but still no broadband!
Got a housephone to check line is working, it is, but as soon as I plug in router the dial tone dissappear.
Phoned plusnet this morning and they did the usual checks on phone line, says there's an issue with the broadband.....no s**t sherlock. Apparently they have raised a complaint and someone will get back to me.
Been waiting all day and heard nothing! What's going on and why is this service so bad?Huh
All I want is a working WiFi connection you would think it wouldn't be this difficult!!!
Sparrow13
Hooked

Hi, I received my router fri, but with further issues I finally got connected yesterday.
When I spoke to someone on Monday they said I would be compensated once I was up and running.
Can you help with this please. I originally paid up front as per, then had another bill issued before I was connected. I think I was credited for extra mobile data that I had to purchase, as the original order for broadband was not put through the system by plusnet even although I had paid, had welcome letter etc.
Four weeks without broadband has been tough while working from home. I'm glad its finally all working.