Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No router or broadband activation date

FIXED
laure
Hooked

No router or broadband activation date

Hi,
I ordered a Plusnet fibre broadband and phone package on 18/09. My phone service was activated today and my previous broadband provider has stopped their service today. However I have not received any word on when my Plusnet broadband will start or when I will receive my router.

When I check my order tracker it says: Broadband orders typically take a week to complete. Your broadband order should complete on {strCustActivationDate}. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens.

It has been over 2 weeks since I placed my order and I currently have no internet access, no router and no communications about when I will receive these. I work from home so I need broadband access and I don't have enough data left this month to tide me over for more than a couple of days.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: No router or broadband activation date

Fix

Thanks for your post @laure and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see your broadband hasn't activated with us yet.

From what I can see the order's stuck in the supplier systems so I've got in touch with our suppliers helpdesk and they've raised this with the relevant team to complete the order as soon as possible.

I've also tested your line and the tests are showing a fault which needs an engineer to investigate further as this would likely stop you from being able to get online. I've reported this with Openreach and we've been given an estimated response time of by 08/10/21 23:59:59 for an engineer to investigate further.

We'll provide an update as soon as we know more. Really sorry for the inconvenience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
laure
Hooked

@Gandalf Thanks so much for looking into this for me. I did get 2 texts yesterday afternoon telling me that the router had been dispatched and that my broadband service is due to go live by midnight today.

I got my router in the post today at lunchtime so that problem has now been resolved. Hooray!

About the text about my service going live today, should I disregard this and wait for the update from Openreach?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @laure I'm glad to see you've received your router.

I'd recommend waiting until we've confirmed your broadband's ready to use.

If you can't get online after that it could be that an engineer's not been out yet to look at the fault.

Feel free to post back to let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
laure
Hooked

Hello again,

Everything is up and running now!

My broadband was activated at midday yesterday. I plugged in the router and everything was working great (despite the fault in the line).

The openreach engineer visited today to investigate the fault and it turns out that it's something to do with worn down wires that was only affecting the phone service (which we don't use) hence why we hadn't noticed any problems with the line before.

Thanks again for all your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @laure

Awesome, I'm glad to see you're up and running now. Cheers for getting back to me.

No problem at all, let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet