cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone or broadband for 4 days (and counting)

FIXED
steven78

No phone or broadband for 4 days (and counting)

I switched from Sky to Plusnet. They perform a "working line takeover" so the switch should be almost seamless. I was told the switch would happen on 19 March.

19 March - I received an email confirming my line has been switched and my home phone is ready to use. However the line is dead, no dial tone.

20 March - I received an email confirming my broadband was now up and running, ready to use. Not the case. My line is still dead and no broadband.

Despite the fact that everything was working fine before the switch, I performed the checks Plusnet asked me to. I'm positive there are no issues with my phone equipment or the wiring in the flat. Why would the phone or wiring develop a problem on the very same day my service is switched. Now I'm being asked to agree to a £65 engineer call out charge if they find a fault that is deemed to be my responsibility. In reality this means I will be charged this no matter what. This is not what I signed up for when I decided to switch. I can't take time off work at the moment, so no engineer, which means no phone or broadband for the foreseeable future! I paid 12 months line rental in advance too and this is what I get. Not a happy new customer.
3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: No phone or broadband for 4 days (and counting)

Fix

Welcome to the community forums @steven78

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your phone and broadband following the completion of your orders.

Testing the connection today is flagging up a potential fault which I have raised with our suppliers for further investigation.

I've also responded via the ticket on your account in more detail Here.

I hope this helps. Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
steven78

I can confirm that my phone line is working again. Plugged in the router and broadband is working also. So thank you Plusnet.

Well, I'm glad I didn't agree to an engineer to come to our property and potentially get charged the £65 fee. Why couldn't you have done the further tests and investigations to start with in the first place? Anyway, glad I'm back up and running now.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @steven78,

Thank you for getting back in touch. I'm glad to hear that your phone line and broadband are now working.

I've had a look into the history of the fault and it appears that our testing didn't pick up the cause of the fault initially, however when Harry tested the line again on the 23rd of March the test picked up an external fault - this allowed him to raise this to our suppliers without needing to book an appointment. As there was an external fault, you wouldn't have received a charge if the engineer had visited your property.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team