cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone/broadband after a month

Jrb1

No phone/broadband after a month

I ordered a years worth of phone/broadband over a month ago and was told it would be installed on the 22nd of November, the engineer came and said they'd need to arrange a hoist to get up phone pole which was ok. I was then told that someone was coming on the 4th of December but it nothing seemed to happen happened, then another engineer came today only to say that the hoist was needed as before and no one had told him. Could this please be looked into as broadband/phone still has no sign of being sorted.
11 REPLIES 11
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: No phone/broadband after a month

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @Jrb1,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you're currently experiencing.

I have added a ticket to your account with some information regarding your order. You can view this here

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha

Jrb1

Hi Aisha,

I have checked the ticket and it does not have any information regarding today's problem and next steps. Furthermore, it seems to say that the order has been cancelled.

My move in date keeps being delayed because of these errors and i am not receiving any communication about when this will be resolved.

I am very disappointed because the delays are long and lacking communication about when this will be resolved.

Please can you look into this and set a date when the broadband will be installed or to have somebody communicate with me about this problem.

Thank you
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Jrb1,

I've had a look at this and the engineer that came this morning with no hoist delayed the job, another engineer was sent out at about half 1 this afternoon with a hoist to connect to the pole. This is now all done and completed, they're just waiting for the job to be closed down. That will happen today but hasn't yet.

Because of the huge delays, and the problems with the fit the simultaneous broadband order has been cancelled, this is because the routing has now changed for the line and broadband routing updates can't happen off the back of a SIM order. That currently means when your line goes live you will not have a working broadband service.

It's worth noting that SIM orders are a best effort service, which means they can't be guaranteed, but because of the problems you've had (specifically the delays) we'll expedite the broadband order at our cost. In theory we should be able to place the broadband order tomorrow morning which should get your broadband active and usable for Thursday. Leave this with me and I'll update you again tomorrow morning. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Jrb1,

So I had confirmation all the hoist works have been done, you'd been connected and the order should be closed down overnight. 

Unfortunately when they'v e done the final testing to close the job down the line was testing 'dis'. This would prevent the service working. Openreach reissued an engineer this morning to resolve this but have found a battery contact in an underground cable. So now we have to wait for an underground engineer to be allocated. This should be this afternoon but it might get pushed to tomorrow. Sorry about this but you're going to have to leave this with me longer.  

Jrb1

Hi Jolo,

Many thanks for your help so far, the engineer came today to fix the line fault.

Can i just check if i need to re-order the broadband? If so is it automatic or done by myself, also will it be the same cost including the £75 cashback.

Thank you.
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Jrb1 thank you for getting back to us, I'm glad to see that the Engineer was able to go out and resolve the fault. I have updated you further on your orders here

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Jrb1,

Just another update, we'll place the broadband order, you don't need to do anything. I'm going to get it expedited for you to try and get it on before Christmas day. The phone order is still stuck in delay at the moment so I'm just trying to get Openreach to close it down, once it's closed I'll be able to place the BB.

Re the price cashback; none of this will change. You get the cashback redemption email 10 working days after the account goes live.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Jrb1, your order looks to have now complete, please can you connect your router and let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Jrb1

Hi Lauren,

Can confirm broadband is now up and running.

Many thanks to everyone involved in helping.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Jrb1, that's great to hear!

I'll ensure pass on your thanks Smiley . Just get back to us if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team