cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone & broadband for 2 weeks and counting

kwwbcsqwtmrz

No phone & broadband for 2 weeks and counting

TL;DR - No phone & broadband for 2 weeks, activation date been and gone twice.

Ordered Unlimited Fibre on 10th August, was given an original activation date of 24th August.

On 24th August the previous supplier cut off my phone and broadband, but I did not receive any info about new plusnet service going live.

Contacted customer service on 25th August, 'network records' was given as the issue and eventually (after I had to follow up) I received an automated text with a new phone line activation date of 7th September.

It is now the 8th and the phone line still does not work (broadband also doesn't work). Contacted customer service today, they said they needed to contact openreach to get an update and said they would update via text and email, that was 4 hours ago and still no update.

Posting here to see if this will actually help and for anyone else with similar issues.

Logging into the member centre and updating questions there is pointless, nobody actually checks if the issue is resolved / if there is an update when a question goes 'off hold'. The only way to get an update is to ring customer service, half the time you can't even get through to anyone due to high volume of calls, then if you can get through expect to be on hold for 30minutes.

Can anybody actually help and/or provide any information?
Is the delays because I am upgrading to fibre, or is this a plus net issue? Or does everything ultimately fall back to openreach?
2 REPLIES 2
Sjo

Re: No phone & broadband for 2 weeks and counting

sounds familiar... 2 go live dates gone, no phone or internet since 15th Aug, almost 6 hrs on numerous calls to customer service (mostly in call queues). 

Beyond frustrating - not getting anywhere with them. No-one seems to be able to sort it.

kwwbcsqwtmrz

Re: No phone & broadband for 2 weeks and counting

Update.

Still no phone and broadband since 24th August, I have now lost a land-line number which we have had for 30years, plusnet claim no responsibility and won't even enter into discussion re any form of compensation (even had a manager put the phone down on me). Plusnet were never able to actually get my phone and broadband active, I still don't know why. I cancelled my order after I spoke to customer service and requested to be called (in addition to the usual email) with the next update, but nobody ever called me.

Plusnet blame sky for cutting off my phone and broadband on the 24th August, this was the supposed go live date of my plusnet service.
Sky blame plusnet stating that they have not received any information about a delay in the go live date.
So due to my service being cut off by sky my land line number was not transferred to plusnet and can no longer be obtained.

I never once received any form of pro-active help from customer service, the response was always call back in 2days or 5day for the next update. Of course if you try to call them you can't get through due to high volume of calls, but if you get through expect to be in queue for 20-40mins.

The only good thing I can say is thank you to Natalie from customer service who was actually helpful and was able to help me understand what was the best thing for me to do going forward, even if that meant cancelling my order and trying to place an order with a competitor to get my land-line back.