cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline or fibre broadband connection

carstef

No landline or fibre broadband connection

5 days since I was due to be connected to fibre broadband I still have no landline or broadband working. I have been told that the openreach engineer's have twice tried to rectify the issue and there is still no solution in sight! Prior to signing up I checked the availability of fibre in my area on the plusnet website and was recommended several fibre packages for my address. I therefore do not understand the reason for the problem and I have not been given any clear explanation for when this will be rectified. I feel I was wrongly advised when I signed up and this is not the service I signed up for! I now regret terminating my previous service after 10 plus years!

6 REPLIES 6
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: No landline or fibre broadband connection

@carstef,

I'm sorry you're having problems with your services with us. I've had a look at your account and want to try and explain as best as possible what has happened, or at least what's causing the delay. 

The phone order has completed, so this is marked as transferred across, but isn't currently working. A fault has been raised on this to try and get this resolved and the estimated response time is tomorrow 20th Feb. I've checked this and it was actually assigned out to an engineer this morning at 08:55:19 so we should have something back later this afternoon. 

The broadband order is delayed and an engineer is scheduled to go out to resolve this tomorrow morning in an AM slot. I will advice that this was scheduled today and they will likely need access to your premises tomorrow morning to fix this issue. 

From what I can tell your house or street is served by two exchanges, and with your previous provider (who wasn't on the BT network) they used one exchange, but Openreach records have you connected to a different exchange. In simple terms your line has transferred across and isn't working because it isn't connected to the exchange expected by Openreach. The engineer that's been tasked out today will be able to confirm this, because of this the broadband order (which was a simultaneous order) has been forced into delay, because having it complete would probably cause more problems. 

In my experience there's probably going to be a couple of outcomes:

The good outcome is that the engineers assigned will be able to reroute everything, get it all working, and update the backend records with the differing exchange codes.

The less positive outcome here is that the services that have been installed will have to be completely ceased and reinstated from scratch. This is all done from Openreach's side but can take a few days to actually come to a resolution as they have to push through a backend records update to ensure you're actually able to use your services once the reprovide is completed. In my experience this whole process takes around 5 days. 

At the moment I can't tell you which it's going to be until this phone line fault engineer comes back to us with some information later today. I'll keep an eye on it for you and let you know once I have something. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@carstef,

An update from the phone fault engineer today: he found a fault but wasn't able to fix it. They've tasked this back out for a field engineer and that's looking like tomorrow. There's still a possibility that the phone line issue is related to the same problem the broadband order is experiencing (the being served by multiple exchanges), but that hasn't been detected today. What was detected today was an unbalanced cable fault. 

We'll check it again tomorrow, as well as the line fault being retained, there's also that separate appointment for the broadband activation in the morning too. 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders as it covers multiple services 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
carstef

Thanks and I discussed the problem again with Mohammed in the provisioning team and stressed the urgency that both the landline and fibre are looked at and sorted together. He assured me that this is the case. At noon today I get a call from Michael, the openreach engineer to confirm that the landline is back up. However more concerning is the fact that his order does not mention a fault with the fibre for the broadband! He said he would look into this at his end. I must say that I am so disappointed that despite numerous reminders and assurances from the Plusnet side the order still has not been sorted and now there seems to be a mix up on the order!
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @carstef

I am so sorry to hear that you have had such issue with your order journey, this is not what we want for any of our customer.

I have reviewed your account and have responded via a ticket on your account here

If you need any further assistance then please feel free to get in touch.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@carstef,

I've been chasing this intermittently throughout today and I'm happy to confirm that the broadband order is now marked as installed and complete. It also looks like you have an ongoing session (that's been ongoing for a few days now with data being used). 

The phone fault has had two visits today, one this morning and then a second this afternoon at about 2:40pm. That second engineer was able to successfully reterminate the line. All the multi exchange records have also been updated within Openreach's system to ensure any data transfer and routing issues in future should be resolved. 

Can you please let us know if you have any further problems.