cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet until 30/12?

GhostOpera

No internet until 30/12?

So I recently moved house, rang and went through the details on the 7th December, the (very nice) person I spoke to said it would take 5-10 days to complete.  I had to order a new router which arrived very quickly and the phone line activated on the 13th - all great.  This morning I've had an email telling me that my broadband won't complete until the 30th, which means most of Xmas with nothing (not to mention another 13 days wait).  I know it's a funny time of year but is this really the earliest date available?  Is there no way to speed things up, I'm even willing to pay extra if needs be?  I even bought a mobile dongle just to tide me over for what I thought would be a few days but it's limited and now it looks like I will have to add more data to it if nothing can be done...

4 REPLIES 4
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: No internet until 30/12?

Hello @GhostOpera

Sorry to hear of the delay with activating your service.

I'm struggling to find your account, please can you private message me with your username?

Thanks.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thanks for your PM @GhostOpera

I've looked into expediting the order and I've updated your ticket with the cost and process involved. If you would like to go ahead please reply to this ticket.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
GhostOpera

Ouch, that's quite a price!  I can't afford that right now so I guess I'll have to just grin and bear it.  Thanks for all your help though Anoush.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @GhostOpera

I can see that your house move orders have now completed and your services are up and running. If you need any further assistance then just get in touch and we'll be more than happy to help ^BB