cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet, no email confirmation

Barkis1

Re: No internet, no email confirmation

Hello
Haven't heard anything yet, just wanted to know if everything sorted out yet?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Barkis1 

Just got in the office now and I can see the job has been assigned to an engineer as of 09:33:22 this morning.

I'll keep an eye on this for updates although you'd likely know sooner as your broadband should start working once they've hopefully managed to fix the issue.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Barkis1 Engineer notes say they've fixed the problem at the cabinet and it looks like you're online now:

I'd like to sincerely apologise again that it took us 20 days to provide you with a service at your new address and I've made you an offer for a gesture of goodwill which you can view and reply to from Here.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Barkis1

I appreciate the gesture and a big thanks for all the help that you were able to support me with.
But before I go I just wanted to know if my internet speeds are going to improve atleast a little bit as it is really really slow.
Thank you again.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Barkis1 not a problem, I'm just glad to see you up and running now. If you're happy to accept the gesture of goodwill would you possibly be able to reply to the ticket 194069379 linked above? Just to keep things documented on your account. 

Line tests are showing your download speeds at around 18.2mbps and upload speed of 1.3mbps which seem to be within the expectations for the length and quality of your line.

While we can't report a fault with our suppliers based solely on this unless we're seeing other signs of a fault like your connection dropping, I'd recommend carrying out the troubleshooting steps Here as this may boost your speed up by bypassing any internal wiring which might be affecting your speeds.

Either way it's doubtful you'd get more than 40mbps so I'd also recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 to downgrade to our basic fibre package on a cheaper deal.

Let me know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet