cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet, no email confirmation

Barkis1

No internet, no email confirmation

Hello
On August 29 we paid £65 to have our internet transferred to our new home.
We even gave notice before 29 of August, we paid and never gotten any email confirmations as to when the internet is going to be connected and working, it has been two weeks since then, and there is still no internet connection,no emails, nothing.
I've read couple of other forum posts about similar issues, and heard that it would take up to two weeks to get connected at most.
I need an explanation as I can't stand this.
19 REPLIES 19
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: No internet, no email confirmation

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Router to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @Barkis1 

I'm really sorry to see you've not had an update on your house move. Unfortunately this is due to an agent's error in not correctly setting up the house move for us to progress this with our suppliers and provide you with a service at your new address. I've arranged for feedback to be passed onto the agent and I've placed your house move order now.

We will need to arrange an engineer visit to install the line activating fibre broadband. We should be able to confirm your appointment date within the next 24-48 hours, if you need to re-arrange this once we've confirmed it we'll be happy to.

Due to the poor experience you've had I'm taking this on personally and I'll update you as soon as we know more. I've also added a support ticket on your account you can view and reply to from Here with more detail.

Apologies for the inconvenience we've caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Barkis1

Thank you for an early reply, just wondering if it is going to cost me any extra?
As the house already has bt openreach socket installed, not one but Infact two.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Barkis1 

No problem, it shouldn't cost you anymore than what you've already agreed. 

As you've said you've got an Openreach socket, it's possible that when the order commits to an appointment date, our suppliers may then advise that no appointment to your property is actually necessary and I'll let you know if that's the case.

If an engineer does need access to your property, it'd likely be to assist them with installing the line and prove it's working once they've carried out the work.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long for us to get you up and running.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Barkis1

Alright, appreciated I'll be waiting for any updates.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Affirmative, I've just checked and I can see an appointment has been booked for 19/09/19 between 8am and 1pm. Let me know if you need us to re-arrange it and I'll be happy to. I'll also let you know if we're told the engineer doesn't need access.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Barkis1

I was told that an engineer would be at my place within 10 days since the 29 of August, it's been 14 and if I didn't notify any of you, who knows how long it would have taken them.
It makes absolutely no sense as to why I would have to wait another week for an engineer visit, when it should have been all done about 4 days ago.
It is ridiculous I cannot be waiting another week for you to connect it.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Barkis1 

I do apologise for the delay with getting an engineer out, but I'm afraid it'd be based upon engineer availability. 

Once you're up and running I'll be happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill for the hassle we've caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Barkis1

Hello
An engineer came today and changed internet socket to a newer one, checked if everything is ok and told me to wait till it gets connected.
So I'd like to know if my internet could be activated today so I wouldn't have to wait much longer, thank you for all the help.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Barkis1 thanks for getting back to me. I'm glad to see the activation of your phone line went smoothly and the engineer renewed your telephone socket. I've checked your order and I can see your broadband order completed at the same time as the phone order at around 9:26 this morning.

We're not seeing an active connection though and line tests are showing a potential configuration issue on our supplier systems, so I've raised a fault with our suppliers to investigate further and I'll let you know when I know more.

In the meantime if you've not switched your router on or set it up yet I'd recommend giving it a try.

Let me know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Barkis1

I have tried to reset the router couple of times today, it goes green then blue and after couple of seconds switches back to flashing red and then solid red with broadband light flashing below.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the detail @Barkis1 

I've checked on the fault report with our suppliers and we've been advised there's a problem at the cabinet(The green box in the road). It's currently in hand with an engineer and I'd hope to have another update tonight.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Barkis1

Great to hear, so that means its possible that it will be fixed today? And get me connected
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Barkis1 I was hoping it'd be tonight but unfortunately having received no updates I've just checked with our suppliers and I've been advised an engineer is scheduled for tomorrow.

As soon as I know more I'll let you know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet