cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet for over a month!

Ludders93
Hooked

No internet for over a month!

So I switched from my previous provider to Plusnet in the hope that I would get better service. However they have proved me wrong!

My previous provider cut us of 9/11/2020 leaving us without internet. Rang up Plusnet to be told we were due to go live 26/11/2020. They failed at providing that. Phone calls nearly every day because I’ve only had a couple of updates where the customer service team has actually rang me. Was told later that we would be getting connected 03/12/2020. FAILED AGAIN! We still currently have no internet, I work from home and apparently my order has been stuck with open reach.

So my question is. Plusnet what the hell are you going to do about this, I was told I’d get an update today 11/12/2020 and they’ve failed again. If I’m not connected in the next week I’m cancelling.

Appalling service!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.
5 REPLIES 5
Ludders93
Hooked

Re: No internet for over a month!

No one actually rang me on 11/12/2020, I ended up having to call them myself again.

Still no internet, even though I’ve already been told that an engineer doesn’t need to come out to the house. I’m getting the same excuse every time. Work needs to be completed before the KCI-2 will trigger.

Now I’m not dumb in the slightest. But how much work do you need to do apart from get an engineer to the green box and get my internet turned on. It’s over a month, I need my internet.

Already looking into switching back to our previous provider who told us they can have us up and running by 30/12/2020, if not before.

I’d like to say that people can trust Plusnet but as a new customer and also seeing so many people in the same situation as I’m in. It’s not looking good. I’m going to call monday and cancel I think.
cooney1987
Grafter

Please let me know how you get on. I think I need to cancel too. I’ve had nothing for three weeks now. Absolutely shocked to see all of these experiences on here. This is the worst experience I’ve ever had with an internet provider
Ludders93
Hooked

Hey @cooney1987,

I’m meant to be getting an update today to let me know a go live date (for the 3rd time). As to whether anything progresses from this, I’m still skeptical about that. But we’ll see and I’ll keep you updated on what’s happening.

I hope you get a resolve soon. I initially placed my order on 24/10/2020 and am still waiting to be connected. If anything comes of this update I will let you know.
Ludders93
Hooked

Still no update unfortunately. Been waiting all day for an update from open reach and it’s still saying my orders stuck. So basically I have gotten no further in my venture.

I have been told that I should check back tomorrow for a further update and that an escalation will be raised if there isn’t an update. Although every time I have rang they’ve “escalated” my order and it gets me nowhere. I’m at my wits end with all this as I’m not being paid because I can’t do my work from home.

I don’t know whether to cancel now or wait until I hear tomorrow?
Ludders93
Hooked

Again, still no update.

I’m growing ever impatient and am constantly losing out on money due to not being able to work from home. I’m hoping to have an update today but I don’t believe that I will. I have lost all faith in Plusnet and Openreach.

If there is no update today I will be cancelling my order (which loses me more money due to them not paying out for data etc that I’ve had to use through my down time).