cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet for 5 and a half days, still waiting for goodwill gesture and now another charge

ThePinch

No internet for 5 and a half days, still waiting for goodwill gesture and now another charge

We were meant to have our fibre connection for our new home go live on 31/8 but only managed to get online on 5th following two Openreach engineer visits and having to call Plusnet to actually set the account live as they had not bothered after the engineer had done his thing.

Throughout each delay and mistake we were promised that once active we would be contacted for a goodwill gesture for all the problems. I have still heard nothing.

On top of that I then received a bill through today saying Plusnet will take nearly £200 for the line rental saver on the 11/9. I paid this upfront on 15/8 when I signed up!

No-one is available on the webchat and no-one is answering the open question against my account (last update was 1/9 before the second engineer visit) and I don't have time to wait on hold on the phone as I am at work.

How can I get an answer out of Plusnet for this appalling service and prevent them taking the line rental for a second time?

7 REPLIES 7
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: No internet for 5 and a half days, still waiting for goodwill gesture and now another charge

Hi @ThePinch.

I am really sorry that you have been unable to get an answer to your query via the webchat. This is not available at the moment. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

With regards to the open ticket and you other queries, I have responded to this here.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

ThePinch

Re: No internet for 5 and a half days, still waiting for goodwill gesture and now another charge

I have just seen that this payment has gone out today despite my notifying Plusnet as soon as my bill came through on Friday.

I am now down near £200 due to this and still waiting to hear about the compensation I was told I would receive for the delay in my service start that left me without internet for nearly a week.

Still no answer to the opened questions (other than a internal note saying to contact me) and no internet chat.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @ThePinch,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that your set-up of service was delayed by 5 days.

Thank you for your time on the phone today, I have sent a detailed email in regards to your query. You can also view this on your members portal by Clicking Here

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. 

ThePinch

I responded to the ticket but as they do not seem to get responded to I will also put it here. 

After speaking to my bank they advised not to do a Direct Debit Indemnity and so I need Plusnet to process this refund post haste.

Also, if the company is going to improve their customer service they need to hold their hand up when they have dropped the ball and acknowledge that improvements need to be made. In the write up it was only mentioned that Openreach caused a delay and not that Plusnet could not be contacted, were not being proactive in getting me online and were not responding to open tickets. That was my main issue as I have no faith when something goes wrong that I can get a hold of Plusnet and they will act on it promptly in the future. On the phone this was explained as a freak set of coincidental circumstances. If you hand wave your issues away as freak occurrence how can you expect to prevent them in the future?

Case in point: the double bill of the line rental saver. I raised this with Plusnet prior to the amount being taken but it got taken anyway and now I have to get a refund.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @ThePinch 

I've updated the ticket @Dumbledore left on your account and requested your refund. 

We will keep this updated with the information re receive. 

Thans for you continued patience in this issue. 

MoR

ThePinch

Still not had the money refunded to my account. Still not online chat available. Still no updates to the online tickets. When can I expect to hear back on this?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

Really sorry for the delay with this, we're experiencing a few delays processing refunds at the moment which we know is far from ideal.

We are working through these and it will get processed soon. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team