Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No feedback yet following fibre order

FIXED
AndrewJ
Hooked

No feedback yet following fibre order

Ordered fibre on July 2nd following the very recent install of a new combined cabinet on my previously EO line.

Currently a BT customer, and had been getting a steady 8500 sync speed for quite a while since the exchange went to ADSL2+, prior to 2+ was getting about7 7000 sync speed.  Since the cabinet went in speed has dropped off a bit currently at 8000 sync, and today got a 6.88Mbps result on the bt wholesale speedtest with an ipprofile of 7.2.

After the cabinet install, the openreach linechecker suggested that speeds of upto 18Mbps would be possible with FTTC, since I had heard nothing since my order I have done some digging, and the openreach line checker now says fibre is not available, possibly down to line length.

Some sort of update from plusnet on what happens now would be nice.  Am somewhat confused since the cabinet placement should knock line length down from circa 2.8km to around 1.8km, also bemused since if openreach aren't going to hook me up then the new cabinet is going to benefit less than 10 properties Crazy

18 REPLIES 18
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: No feedback yet following fibre order

Hi @AndrewJ

I've taken a look into this for you now and i'm afraid the order has been rejected by our suppliers due to a mismatch of data on the address records.

So that we can progress this order and attempt to replace it, we require you to contact your current provider and ask them to ensure that the phone number and postcode are correctly matched.

We need your current provider to update the ORDI with the above information (if you explain what has happened and say this to them, they should understand exactly what you mean) before we can attempt this again.

I'm very sorry about this, but I'm afraid this is something which is out of our control.

Please let us know once you have spoken to them. 

Thanks

AndrewJ
Hooked

Thanks for clarifying the problem MOR.

I have used the online support forums at BT and have been told that updated information has been submitted to openreach, and that their records now show the correct address.

I'm sure it's just a co-incidence, but my landline went completely dead on Friday morning, seems I am waiting for openreach to have a poke about in the exchange on Monday Huh

I would appreciate it if the order could now be progressed Thumbs_Up

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Fix

Hi Andrew,

The records appear to be ok so I have placed your orders and created a ticket for you here

We will be monitoring this for you and if anything changes will let you know as soon as possible via ticket.

Thank you.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @AndrewJ,

I have checked over your orders and everything looks to be heading in the right direction. 

If you follow the hyper link here you will find your committed date updated by myself Smiley 

Please let us know if there is anything else we may assist you with as we are more than happy to help. 

Thank you

AndrewJ
Hooked

I updated that help and support question this morning, thought I would give this a bump too.

My phone line transfered OK on Monday, but my broadband was due by midnight on the 7th, and still wasn't working this morning (8th).

Any chance of a status update?
Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi, thank you for getting back in contact. I can conform that the order is showing as completed however the diagnostics are showing the connection is not in sync.  Before we investigate this further I would just like to check if you are using the router that we have issued and that is connected up to the master socket. If you could also let us know what lights are showing on the router at this time.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team
AndrewJ
Hooked

I am indeed using the supplied router, it is connected to the master socket (test socket for good measure).

I have a pretty orange light showing steady on.

The router log shows that it has synched at what looks very much like the usual ADSL speed, and has repeated "PPP LCP send configuration request" entries thereafter.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@AndrewJ 

could you try unplugging everything and starting again for us? 

I only ask because we are finding no issue - yet the router is showing as out of sync. 

Let us know once you've done this then we can progress forward if needed

Thanks 

AndrewJ
Hooked

OK, I have cold booted everything, and bodged a wifi connecton to my computer from my mobile, which is taped to a window 🙂

This is the log from the hub, just taken after a couple of minutes.

01:02:12, 11 Apr. ( 133.240000) PPP LCP Send Configuration Request
01:02:09, 11 Apr. ( 130.240000) PPP LCP Send Configuration Request
01:02:06, 11 Apr. ( 127.240000) PPP LCP Send Configuration Request
01:02:03, 11 Apr. ( 124.240000) PPP LCP Send Configuration Request
01:02:00, 11 Apr. ( 121.240000) PPP LCP Send Configuration Request
01:01:57, 11 Apr. ( 118.240000) PPP LCP Send Configuration Request
01:01:54, 11 Apr. ( 115.240000) PPP LCP Send Configuration Request
01:01:51, 11 Apr. ( 112.240000) PPP LCP Send Configuration Request
01:01:48, 11 Apr. ( 109.240000) PPP LCP Send Configuration Request
01:01:45, 11 Apr. ( 106.230000) PPP LCP Send Configuration Request
01:01:41, 11 Apr. ( 102.370000) ETHoA is up -​ VPI: 0, VCI: 35 Down Rate=7660Kbps, Up Rate=1063Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.0dB, Up=6.0dB
01:01:41, 11 Apr. ( 102.370000) ATM over DSL is up
01:00:30, 11 Apr. ( 31.380000) WAN Auto-​sensing running.

You can see that ihe hub has synced, the speed is dropping with all the re-syncs, but is basically the same speed the EO line used to sync at.  The new AIO VDSL cabinet is one Km closer...

I would suggest that I am still hooked up to a DSLAM in the exchange.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

You are still on ADSL, ETHoA is an ATM connection, FTTC uses PTM so you have not been upgraded to fibre. Looks like PlusNet or BT Openreach have messed up. Smiley

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for contacting us, I am very sorry that this issue is taking some time to resolve, I have raised a ticket on your account that be viewed here Ticket

Please follow our troubleshooting guides here Broadband Help

Once you have completed these you can respond to the ticket or contact our support team on 0800 432 0200.

Dan

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Dial 17070 and check that the line number is correct and that the line is quiet (option 2).

Phone your own number from a mobile and check that your phone rings.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Obviously something strange here, possibly wrong line upgraded to FTTC, but I fail to understand how providing a link to the Broadband help video is any use whatsoever @abails0105. The OP has an ADSL connection when it should be FTTC surely that is the problem that needs fixing.Huh

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @AndrewJ 

Upon checking your account, I can see that, as per this we have raised this issue to our supplier to investigate and action. 

Please accept my apologies, and thank you for the patience and understanding you have shown whilst we have been working on this issue. 

Thanks