Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone after Phone installation

FIXED
TammyJ
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

No dial tone after Phone installation

HI today I had a Engineer come to install my line he connected a new socket a double one for phone and broadband he then left and said he was going to do work at the cabinet, he later phoned me on my mobile and said that everything was ready and that was it, I plugged in my landline phone but there is no dial tone.

Do i have to wait for something else to be enabled if so how long, If not do i have a Issue already?

I opened a ticket the number is 207895344 I said there was a 14hr response time I'm hoping i can get an answer here quicker so I don't need to worry, thanks for any help.

9 REPLIES 9
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: No dial tone after Phone installation

@TammyJ  Welcome to the forum.

If the new master socket is the latest type it will have a clip on front section. If you take this off you will find the test socket in the back section. Plug your phone in and see if it works. This will tell you if you have a faulty master socket.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

TammyJ
Dabbler

Hi thanks for the reply I don't know if the service becomes live once the Engineer has done his work or I have to wait until something gets enabled at Plusnet's end?.

it still says pending on my account under the phone section I just need some clarification as to what should be happening before I do anything else.    

TammyJ
Dabbler

Can someone PLEASE find out what is happening with my order I awake to an email saying there is a delay with my phone order that was it nothing else, that doesn't help me,  why is there a Delay the engineer came yesterday he said it was all done what else is there to do have a delay?  how long do I have to wait?

TammyJ
Dabbler

This is getting pretty frustrating now, no response from staff here or my ticket, do they visit here at all, I'm starting to have serious regrets about joining. 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @TammyJ, thanks for getting in touch

Our side is showing the phone order has recently completed - can you confirm if you've a dial tone as of yet?

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
TammyJ
Dabbler

@abails0105 hi thanks for the reply sorry i didn't respond any earlier i have had some stuff to do,

I have tried it again and still no dial tone, My brother who knows more about these things came and removed the front of the socket and tried the test one that still had no dial tone.

If I need another engineer visit can it be booked for the morning

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @TammyJ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I've taken a look into this and raised a support ticket via your account in response, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
TammyJ
Dabbler

@TheMightyAJ thanks so much for the reply and help, I would have thought the engineer would have tested the line when he installed it I guess not, hopefully I won't have to wait too long.

TammyJ
Dabbler

Just an update to say Engineers came to me today and fixed the line I have both a working phone and broadband thanks for the help.