cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No confirmation email / date for switch

TheBlueDog

No confirmation email / date for switch

I signed up to switch to plus.net for home phone / fibre broadband on 03/08/21 but the only confirmation email I received was in relation to set up of my direct debit. I've heard nothing since and the order tracker for broadband merely says "{strCustActivationdate}" for the date of activation.

Just looking to check if this is relatively normal and I just need to keep waiting for things to progress or if I need to do something about it!
5 REPLIES 5
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: No confirmation email / date for switch

Hi @TheBlueDog

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry for the delay, This is due to the way in which your address is laid out on our system, as opposed to the system used to place the orders. I personally haven't had an issue in locating the correct address on the ordering system, but I can see why our automated system may have. Anyway, within the next hour or so, I'll be placing the orders to take over the line, and retain your current landline number.

I'll send you a confirmatory email once this has been done.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@adam945  Why are these failures in the automated system not picked up sooner? The OP's order has been delayed for over 2 weeks, it seems that if the order fails it just gets left in limbo until the originator contacts Plusnet asking what is going on. ☹️

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You're right @RealAleMadrid  - that's exactly what's happened here. To be honest, 9 out 10 times that order fail, automation will kick a ticket out into our Provisioning Team's workflow in order for it to be actioned manually. there are some instances though where for whatever reason, a ticket is not created, leaving us to rely solely on the end user to make us aware in order to get it sorted. For at least, I've been unable to identify any patterns that explain which failures kick out a ticket, as opposed to those which does - such as this one.

I've just manually placed the orders @TheBlueDog so all being well you should receive a committed activation date shortly.

Adam
TheBlueDog

Thanks @adam945 hopefully all sorted now. I've had a few emails including one from my old provider so all looks good 🙂
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fab Smiley

I just checked the account for a committed activation date but we don't have one yet. The order is in "delay" which is completely normal as we're just waiting on permission to import the number. It should progress within the next 24-48 hours.

Adam