cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No communication, nothing - hopeless!

refturner
Dabbler

No communication, nothing - hopeless!

I signed up on 19 July 2021.  I received a blank e-mail saying Welcome to Plusnet on the same morning. And that's it. Nothing since.  I tried signing up once before a few years ago and the same thing happened, zero communication. By now I should have a transfer date and should know when things are happening. All it says on the portal is: Your order is currently being processed. What help is that?

I tried e-mailing you and it bounced back. It's virtually impossible to get hold of anyone.

If this is how you treat customers before they truly become customers, then all I can say is 'that'll not do"!

8 REPLIES 8
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: No communication, nothing - hopeless!

Hi @refturner

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry to see that you've encountered delays in getting your services activated after signing up with ourselves. Looking into the account, it's clear that our automated system has now been able to place the orders to take over the line. The reason being is, there are two lines (both MPF) registered to the property. We aren't able to see the landline numbers associated with MPF lines, so we have not been able to identify the correct one.

I've just run what we call an ELC check which has found hat one of the lines is operated by TalkTalk, and the other is Sky. All I'd need you to do is to confirm which provider you're currently with and I'll et the orders placed manually.

For future reference as well, if you ever want an update on what's going on with your orders, you can also give our Provisioning Team a call on 0800 432 0200.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
refturner
Dabbler

Thanks for the update. Why didn't anybody contact me prior to now?

The relevant line is the TalkTalk one.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @refturner

I'm sorry to see we hadn't followed up about your order before you posted here. It looks like your order was stuck in our systems and hadn't been passed onto the right team to contact you. I've just progressed this onto our suppliers now to takeover your TalkTalk line. We should be able to provide an update within the next 24-48 hours. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
refturner
Dabbler

I've now received an update telling me that you are changing the telephone number.  I don't want to change the telephone number. The number can be transferred without changing it - that has been done a number of times previously over the many years that we have had this number. It's a BT wholesale number so there is absolutely no need to change the number.

Please confirm that the number will not be changed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to me @refturner

I'm really sorry to see we're changing your landline number.

Admittedly this was my error in not requesting your number's imported from TalkTalk while placing an order to takeover your line. I've put a cancellation request on that order now and once it's fully cancelled in the supplier systems, I'll replace it and I'll provide an update before the close of play today.

If you receive an automated email to say your order's been cancelled, feel free to ignore as this would just mean that the phone order's been successfully cancelled in the supplier systems.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
refturner
Dabbler

Thank you for being frank about the mistake. That is appreciated.

However, today I have contacted your phone number and have told them that I have decided not to proceed with the transfer.  Primarily, this is because I am unhappy that nobody from Plusnet contacted me prior to me coming on this forum to tell me there was an issue (that you weren't sure which line).

The same lack of communication happened a year or two back when I tried to transfer to you, but on that occasion I waited longer before contacting you. If the response to an issue is so slow prior to a transfer, I am concerned that if there are any issues once I am under contract, that the response will be even poorer.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

I'm really sorry to see that your account has now been closed down @refturner

I can only hope that the explanations offered by myself and @Gandalf have helped you understand exactly why the orders were not placed, though I cannot excuse the fact that our system did not spit out a Ticket for our provisioning team to handle, and that we relied on you reaching out to get this sorted. Nonetheless, we wish you all the best with your new providers.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@adam945 You really do need to sort out your ordering system to flag problems that stop orders being placed, you are losing customers because of this. Not good.😫