cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No activation on fibre broadband order

RossG

No activation on fibre broadband order

My activation date for fibre broadband was meant to be yesterday, equipment has arrived and phone is active but I have had no email/text confirmation that my broadband has been activated. Is there any way to check if this has activated?

6 REPLIES 6
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: No activation on fibre broadband order

Try plugging the router in and see if you can connect to the internet if you can't you will need to contact customer services at www.plus.net/contact

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Plug in the router & leave it switched on. Keep checking the light strip on the front & when it shows blue you should be good to go.

RossG

Plugging in router the light bar LED went Orange and the little red "b" started flashing, indicating a line fault. I called support who have explained there is a system error keeping my order on hold... which doesn't make any sense but it will apparently be resolved in 2 working days.

We shall see if things go live by Wednesday. Either way thank you for the replies and suggestions guys Smiley

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry that your order hasn't completed. I can see one of my colleagues spoke to our suppliers about this and we've been advised there is an 'exception on the order related to routing'. We're expecting more information after the 9th.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
RossG

I have now received word that the order is complete and my broadband is ready to go, however when I plug the router in I get the same status - Orange LED bar with red flashing "b" indicating line fault. I also have no dial tone at my phone (order is also said to be complete). Seems the problem still exists.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

The lack of dial tone could mean there's a fault.

I'm just running a few tests on your line.

[edit]

Actually I can see you've called in and we've found a fault.

We'll get that fixed as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team