cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No activation date

marknally
Hooked

No activation date

Signed up to switch to Plusnet from NOW broadband, haven’t heard anything from Plusnet apart from the original sign up email. NOW have told me my service is transferring October 1st?

I’ve emailed your support twice now to see if this date is correct and have again not heard a thing back despite it saying I should receive a reply back in 14 hours each time.

I have to say I’m seriously unimpressed so far and if nobody bothers looking into this I will be choosing another supplier instead.

10 REPLIES 10
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: No activation date

@marknally    Said "I’ve emailed your support twice now to see if this date is correct and have again not heard a thing back despite it saying I should receive a reply back in 14 hours each time"

There is no email facility for contacting customer support, therefore it is unlikely you will get a response.

You will need to telephone, use the chat service or hope for a response in the forum.

marknally
Hooked

Who have I reported my concerns to then? I used ask a question and have a ticket number sent to my email from Plusnet customer support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @marknally, you might want to look here (login required), this is where your tickets are stored. There may be a reply and it's just that you've not got the email or it's been put in your junk folder.

marknally
Hooked

Well looking there has made it even worse!
There are two messages there which imply my order has been cancelled due to a mobile sim error?? I haven’t ordered a mobile contract from them, at this stage I have no confidence in Plusnet as a company and think I’m going to just use the 14 day cooling off period, the chat is never available and the phone lines have a 25 minute wait- award winning customer service apparently!

“INTERNAL]
The phone order has been rejected as some information was incorrect when we sent the order to the supplier. Please resend the phone and broadband order, if it's a SIM order.”
“INTERNAL]
The phone order has been cancelled as there is no linked broadband order. Please check the broadband order and progress both.”
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

It's nothing to do with a mobile SIM. It is a simultaneous Phone and Broadband order which are known to sometimes go totally wrong and everything gets cancelled so not good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@marknally The key words there are "if it's" so as @RealAleMadrid says nothing really to do with a SIM order. I think your best plans of action is to either wait a few hours until Plusnet staff have time to review your posts here, or you bite the bullet and call in and speak to someone at Customer Services.

I appreciate it's frustrating, but the Plusnet Staff here will go out of their way to help you with this and I don't think you'll regret your move here.

marknally
Hooked

Yeah this is what I mean by lost confidence, my current provider are telling me that have received notice from Plusnet and Plusnet have taken money/confirmed the original order by email etc but then nothing else has updated.
marknally
Hooked

Thanks for your replies guys, I’ll give them until the end of today to reply here or I’ll cancel and go with someone else- I’ve been burnt before with poor customer service support from companies and quite frankly don’t want the hassle again.
Thanks for your input.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well in my opinion at least this is all the more reason to give them a chance to get this sorted for you. One of the many Wizards around here is @Gandalf and if any one can help he can.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @marknally,

We're really sorry that we haven't been in touch sooner and have updated you via ticket here

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.