cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Switch date or speed change. Help Needed

lmccullock

No Switch date or speed change. Help Needed

I ordered my upgrade to Fibre extra from Ultimate broadband on 27/7/21. I recieved an email confirmation that it would change on the 3/8/21 including postage of new router. I had to try and chase up the router a couple of days later after the 3rd. No date given on switch. I plugged in the new router and it is still running (if not slower) at Ultimate broadband speed. My account has all changed to "Fibre Extra" and will be billed for it but no change of speed. 22/8/21 writing of this post. 

Any help will be much appreciated

Many Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: No Switch date or speed change. Help Needed

Have you tried restarting the modem?
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

@lmccollock, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the issues that you have encountered since upgrading your service and for the inconvenience caused.

I can see the order has complete and have tested the line; we are seeing a current sync speed of 53.5mbps.

If you are not seeing these speeds over a wired connection, I would first advise to have a run through our troubleshooting here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/. Should this not the resolve the issue, you can then log a fault for further investigation here: https://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
lmccullock

Hi. Thanks for replying so quickly, and taking a look for me.
I have just done 2 seperate tests this morning and i am recieving 1.83mbps download and 9.76 download speed.

I have also reset the router. I have checked everything is plugged in properly.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you advise if the speed tests run were using a wireless or a wired connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
lmccullock

Thank you
It was wireless. Sat next to the router.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Check that the username in the router config is not setup@plusdsl.net

Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.

On the broadband page (I think, you may need to look through the pages to find it, depending on which hub you have) you should find the username. If it’s setup@pludsl.net then it hasn’t configured itself.

Remove the DSL cable.

Change the username to your account username in the form <username>@plusdsl.net.

Enter your account password.

Plug the DSL cable back in.

If it doesn’t try to connect select Connect (again you may need to look through he pages to find it

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lmccullock

Hi MisterW
Thanks for your help. Sadly it is all logged into my @pludsl.net.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @MisterW, thanks for pointing that out. I have checked the connection logs again and whilst correctly connected today, we aren't actually seeing an active connection for the 12 days prior so it looks like the router previously wasn't correctly authenticated.

@lmccullock, can you please advise when you ran the speed tests, have you you ran one this afternoon at all? If not, please reboot the router and try again to see if there is an improvement.

If you are still having issues, It may be worth splitting your routers wireless frequencies just to ensure this isn't causing any problems, by following the steps here:

1) Connect a device to your Hub One, once done you will need to open a browser and go to 192.168.1.254.

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) Click 'Advanced Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Wireless' followed by '5 GHz Wireless'.

4) Turn 'Sync with 2.4 GHz Wireless' to 'Off' and update the SSID to be different. The easiest way would be to add '-5G' to the end so it is identified as its own connection.

You will now see 2 available network connections in your settings (if the device is compatible) and can pick which one to use. Please note that the 5GHz has a stronger signal, however, not all devices support this and the range isn't as good. 2.4GHz is what most routers use so can often encounter interference (steps below to help with this) but with that being said, it has a better range and therefore is better used for devices used further away from the router or that aren't stationary.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team