cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sign Up Email Recieved

TheFlamingRed1
Hooked

No Sign Up Email Recieved

Hello, I signed up to change my provider to Plusnet on Saturday Morning.

I received the “Plusnet contract summary and pre-contract information“, finished the sign up process and have a pending charge on my bank account. However, I have not received any confirmation email confirming my sign up, nor an email regarding signing into a plusnet login using my username or email (I have used the same username and email here on this forum now), nor any confirmation regarding setting up a direct debit which I was also asked to setup on sign up. 

As such, I’ve got no confirmation that the order has been completed (something I assume would be automatic and near instant - much like me registering for this forum which was instant). Checking this forum, it appears there are sign in up issues sometimes, so I kindly ask:

1. Is 2.5 days delay between ordering and getting any confirmation email normal?

2. Has my order actually been received properly and is being processed? (As opposed to falling into the void). 

9 REPLIES 9
saidalinneagoe
Dabbler

Re: No Sign Up Email Recieved

Did you solve your issues? I got exactly the same problem as you.
TheFlamingRed1
Hooked

@saidalineagoe

No, nor will it be solved I am afraid.

You didn't get to see this because (only today) I recieved private messages, which I will summerise for transparancy and be the end of this thread:

The first was, "Hey there,   I can have a look into this but I just need to take your plusnet username please?"  - to which I had already provided in my above post - so not much reading is happening. I pointed this out to them and reiterated both my username and email.

A few hours later I got the "So I have had a look over both the email and the username and can't find an account. I can get our sales guys to give you a call to see if they can locate it in the ether if you want?"

To which I said No. Feeling that if a company and successfully get a pending transaction to my bank but not set me up and account correctly - and it taking 5 days to get that far - I cannot assertain that they'd be any good providing broadband and having to deal with them for the next 24 months. In the end, I felt I'd be better off giving someone else a go.: 1p broadband looks interesting and they might even get me past the signing up phase.

TheFlamingRed1
Hooked

Small addition for @saidalinneagoe 

Just saw your thread and our issues are identical (at least from our external viewpoints). I would be shocked if your account also didn't fall into the void as mine was.

Re: Money - I was able to cancel the pending charge at least. I assume you can do the same, or it will time out, or will be refunded. Worst comes to worse and you are charged and not end up with an account, you have grounds for chargeback through your bank.

Re Plusnet - The fact this issue is happening to more then just me within a few days affirms that my choice to not continue signing up with them is a good move. As it's not a single anomoly, it shows they've obviously got some fundermental system issues - which is strange as Plusnet is touted as one of the best services out there. I guess that's good marketing by them which doesn't reflect reality.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

See also https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/No-Sign-Up-Email-Recieved-Is-a-Scam/m-p/1917939

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Plusnet is most certainly not a scam ... but that does not eliminate the possibility that you have signed up to a SPOOFED site.

@TheFlamingRed1 - there is a difference between a pending charge and an actual charge.  Have you tried signing into the user portal?

@saidalinneagoe - in your topic you you suggested that the money had been taken is that correct or is it also just a pending charge?

Did either of you put any special characters in to your password?  IIRC there have been some issues with some special characters (I think they were < and > ).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TheFlamingRed1
Hooked

@Townman

Re Spoofed Site. I signed up on plus.net… unless that is a spoofed site. They’ve done well if it was, as it even had some automated chat bot. My bank also asked for verification for the initial payment and it came up with plusnet. I have also not indicated in this thread that there has been a scam - merely that if plusnet cannot get an account sign up correct (but confidently get a charge through to the pending state on my account) then I really have no faith in dealing with them for an imposed fixed 24 month term. 

Re: “there is a difference between a pending charge and an actual charge.  Have you tried signing into the user portal?“ - I know the difference, (not sure what your point was here - it got either cancelled when I flagged it after leaning I had no account, or plusnet cancelled it, either way, it’s no longer on my statement), and no, I could not sign in. As stated, my account was never created on Plusnet’s end (according to forum staff) and all attempts to login or reset a password was met with a ”cannot find account” - or whatever the message stonewalling me was.

Re Special Charavters. Of course, they force the use of at least one special character in password creation. I’m even more perturbed that they could have programmed that incorrectly without letting the user know! 

in short, I was just after cheaper broadband then my current supplier given that now I am out of contract. Plusnet we’re not the cheapest but they had some name value and apparently were decent account to some surgery’s and reviews, but I don’t have the time or the energy to have to research that I need to avoid certain characters in a password when signing up, or any number of other random issues I might have to navigate because they don’t have their system working fluently. I’ve had already wasted 5 days working out what’s going on with Plusnet when I could have been half way switched to someone else. I have no faith in their system, specifically as I am anything but an isolated incident, so there was just no way I was going ahead with them on any fixed term deal - that would just be stupidity on my end.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@TheFlamingRed1 @saidalinneagoe 

Revisiting this with both of you...

There is a country mile difference between no email being sent and no email being received.

Can you both please advise of your email hosts - might they be the same and for some reason rejecting emails from Plusnet?

Have you checked your spam / junk folders?

One of you said that you could not log on to the Plusnet portal, whilst the other stated that you had not received and email advising how to logon.

The user portal is https://plus.net - the logon sign in option is top right (Broadband, Phone & Perks).

The log on ID is the account name (not any email address you might have used) and the password is that which you chose.

Can you please re-confirm your ability or otherwise to log on to the portal.

This might be helpful - Plusnet Broadband and email account login guides | Help | Plusnet

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TheFlamingRed1
Hooked

@Townman 

You read my second post, right? 

To reiterate, staff  here have already PMed me and confirmed I have no account on their system. 

I have no intention of sharing personal info with you regarding my email supplier. I could not log in, never receive an email how to but couldn’t anyway when tried manually. Please go to the other persons thread to ask them questions, not mine. 

In short, there is no account, I was able to get a pending payment (now revoked) for my initial month, and give them account details for a direct debit (unused as far as I can see but I will have to keep monitoring) but punset we’re not able to setup the account despite the website telling me I had completed sign up. I suggest you talk to Plusnet to work out why if you want to fix the issue, as I no longer care. 

I have rejected going forward with plusnet based on this. If they cannot get step one correct, I have no faith they’d get any other steps correct. Their contracts are a mandatory 24 months with exit fees, I have no desire to go through headaches with them. 

This is the end, I am no longer after help, but I can only see a ‘this fixed it’ button not a ‘they failed’ button. All I’ve done, is waste my time trying to sign with them and keep me out of contract with my current supplier longer then desired.  I went elsewhere - and even got a confirmation email. Turns out, other companies don’t find it that hard. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Fine!

There is no indication here that forum staff have engaged with you via PM, nor in the escalation I raised on your behalf.

Advising that the email host is @gmail.com or some such is not disclosing personal information.  If it is a personal domain, then that is all that needed to be said.

Will now disengage and allow you to find your own resolution.  Not everything is what it appears to be.

TheFlamingRed1
Hooked

BCDD3C7B-8618-43D0-BDBF-CCCF797755E8.jpeg 

@Townman

Here is a screenshot of PMs I got from staff telling me they found no account. I even quoted these in summary in my second post, it’s not my problem you don’t believe me or failed to read, So here is confirmation that I engaged with staff.

No resolution is needed (or has been since Wednesday) unless plusnet wish to apologies for wasting my time with their website/system which has flaws processing simple data. 

edit: 
If “not everything is appears to be” you should probably let WillCutforth know, as he sure couldn’t find an account.