cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Router and line due to 'finish' going live today.

FIXED
TwitchSunBroKuu
Dabbler

No Router and line due to 'finish' going live today.

Hello, 

I still haven't got my router despite having several emails saying one has been sent out. Luckily I still have my old TPLink VR900 that I can use but I would still like the router I'm due as a backup option. 

Said router is currently plugged in shows the line stats but no connection yet with my plusnet username. I hope it'll actually finish going live since my old ISP handed over the line to yourselfs around 4AM-ish today.

11 REPLIES 11
caney97
Rising Star

Re: No Router and line due to 'finish' going live today.

Good luck with your connection. I placed my order to join Plusnet on the 4th December 2017, BT finished my contract on the 18th Dec and still waiting to be connected. Router only just arrived today, but no sign of being connected any time soon. Order stuck in system Open reach at fault Sad

TwitchSunBroKuu
Dabbler

Oh dear. I'm sorry to hear that, Caney. Coming from a long history of [-Censored-] Internet with my other provider I was hoping for a smooth transition with PN. The router I was prepared to accept due to Christmas post but not being able to go live yet is a bit of a joke. 

I depend on my Internet connection to run my stream. I'm hoping a certain gentleman who is named after a wizard will waltz in and use his magic wand to fix this. 

caney97
Rising Star

He is doing his best to fix my problem but he is in the hands of others which is beyond his control. We just have to sit back and wait until openreach get their act together i'm afraid.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@TwitchSunBroKuu  do your router stats confirm your line connection and sync rate?  If they do it may just be that the PN systems have not automagically activated your connection.

@Gandalf

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TwitchSunBroKuu
Dabbler

I'll be crossing my fingers for you. 

Some good news on my end. I'm connected now after [CSA Removed] from the Twitter support team activated my account and saw the order had completed. However, I still need my router please. Smiley

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Moved to appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @TwitchSunBroKuu

I depend on my Internet connection to run my stream. I'm hoping a certain gentleman who is named after a wizard will waltz in and use his magic wand to fix this. 

Looks like my colleague Benj borrowed my wand for this one.

However, I still need my router please

I've sent another router out to you as the previous one we sent is likely lost in the post I'm afraid.

We'll get it to you as soon as we can.

How's your speeds by the way? Our suppliers have moved your connection over to a different VLAN as the one you were on previously was showing signs of congestion.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TwitchSunBroKuu
Dabbler

@Gandalf Thanks for sorting the router out. 

Ah, that explains why it feels more stable than before. Speed are good compared to the horrible time I had with BT (I'm aware same group, infrastructure etc) so it must have been that move that has helped. 

52.17 Mbps

14.43 Mbps

2 Days, 13 Hours 17 Minutes

4 Days, 1 Hours 40 Minutes

Thanks for your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix
No problems.
I’m glad to hear your speeds are better now.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TwitchSunBroKuu
Dabbler

@Gandalf
Just wanted to say thank you. Router came today. I'm sure you don't hear that often enough with all the great work you do with our Internet issues. 

Sadly I had a line drop at about 1AM-ish today just as I was finishing my stream. Ah well, so far it still seems better than before where it would be dropping every day and I wouldn't have had a chance at finishing a 24HR stream.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just wanted to say thank you. Router came today. I'm sure you don't hear that often enough with all the great work you do with our Internet issues. 

Cheers for letting me know, no problems at all. Smiley

Sadly I had a line drop at about 1AM-ish today just as I was finishing my stream. Ah well, so far it still seems better than before where it would be dropping every day and I wouldn't have had a chance at finishing a 24HR stream.

Our tests aren't finding the cause of the drop below but hopefully it doesn't happen too often.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet