cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet - one month in - and who cares?

bestgear
Grafter

No Internet - one month in - and who cares?

Guys

I hope that someone can genuinely help here - having decided to switch to Plusnet unlimited Fibre from Infinity 2 (which has worked well for several years) I now find myself a month beyond my switch date and have been left without internet access for a MONTH!!!!

Every call to the customer service has resulted in excuses - MULTIPLE bridge cases (6 or is it 7?) and even an expedited order to BT which was to guarantee a 3 day resolution... FAILED... and guess what... oh, another bridge case and another NINE day wait.

Given that its a like for like service swap from BT to Plus - why am I being told that the wires have been disconnected and engineers need to get into the cabinet and also run new cables - thats rubbish - my modem has never lost sync - it just errors out with a CHAP password error - which to me looks like I am pointing at the wrong RADIUS server.

Given the marketing promises of "no service interruption when you migrate from BT" - what happened here?

Is no one accountable?

There seems like there is no escalation path within plusnet or within BT - no one cares for residential customers - they dont matter.... or am I being lied to? (my money is on the latter).

I am getting so stressed out with this - the whole family is suffering - and not just me - kids and wife - and an ever increasing 4G mobile bill being used sparingly to give much needed net access - heaven knows how much this will cost me.

Whats next - can I cancel my order and move elsewhere? 

Very unhappy and wish I have never gone near Plusnet.... big mistake.

Incase anyone that cares in Plusnet is reading this check ticket 125108577 and various others that seem to have been closed along the way (with no resolution - same fault from a month ago).

41 REPLIES 41
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: No Internet - one month in - and who cares?

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi,

A fellow forum member alerted me to this thread, unfortunately I'm out of the office until Monday, if things aren't resolved by then I will make sure this one is sorted as soon as I'm in, there are escalation paths we can use within BT Openreach/Wholesale to get the matter more attention.

I have emailed a colleague to take a quick look into this today to see if we can get more information to you

bestgear
Grafter

Many thanks for your reply Darkfire - I am still without service - did you have a word?

David

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Smiley 

I'm in talks with someone about your order to get this progressed, should know more at some point today Smiley

Edit: The agents and managers I have spoken to are unable to make any meaningful changes to the processes that are in place to speed things up, due to this I've raised the matter as a formal escalation within BT Wholesale, I should hear back from them in the next few hours and I have stressed the importance of this matter to them. The moment I get an email back I will let you know

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks once again for your patience on this.

A BT Wholesale manager has called us to discuss the order on the back of the escalation I had raised and it has been found that it is an issue with an Openreach system that is causing the order to be stuck in a delayed state, this has been raised up to management level within Openreach to have the system issues resolved within 24 hours, once those are resolved we can get the order completed and you back online.

Expect more from me tomorrow unless the issue is rectified today in which case I will update you later on, I am in til 9PM and will check this every now and again throughout today

bestgear
Grafter

Many thanks for your time on this - its very much appreciated.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good Afternoon, 

Unfortunately a fairly lackluster update from our suppliers in this case, stating Openreach have requested until tomorrow to complete the work and then to review this on Thursday, something which I am not too happy about, due to this I have raised this up to a higher level and should get something further later on. 

I'll make sure you are updated with each action I take so you know how things are going

bestgear
Grafter

Many thanks

I have not been receiving any updates, so yours are most welcome.

Thanks 

bestgear
Grafter

Just checking in - service still down with the same as day one CHAP failure.

Lets hope tomorrow is the day....

bestgear
Grafter

Hi

Its Thursday - and still no service.

Do you have an update?

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Have you had any updates via the ticket on your online account?

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good Afternoon.

I'm really sorry about not getting back to you yesterday, a few personal issues came up and I wasn't in to deal with the delays. I've had an email from BT Wholesale this morning, Openreach state it will take a number of days to fix their system issues so instead of continuing they have cancelled that order on the line so we can place a new one with an expedited completion.

Should the order cancel today then we should be able to get service active for tomorrow

bestgear
Grafter

Thanks for the update.

They have already promised an expedited order (which I understand is "guaranteed" to provide on time and failed, so lets hope they do it this time.

If the expedited order fails do you have escalation within BT to kick?

This is getting desperate as you can image and costing me megabucks on 4G data charges.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately we aren't going to get tomorrow as the order hasn't been cancelled as of yet(7:47 as of the time of typing this)

the previous expedited installs were on the same order, just rearranging the dates, this one will be a brand new order so that the previous issues won't take effect, I am dealing with the matter through our escalation routes at this point, dealing managers  and up, If no action by 11AM tomorrow(when i get in) I'll kick this up to a further level on their end.