cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband

chemitrol

No Broadband

"Switching to Plusnet broadband is easy. So easy that, in just a few minutes, you could be ready to receive our award-winning service. 

Your new service should be ready to go in just 10 working days, and your current service will keep going until then."

My broadband is due to switch today, and, according to the above, should be a seamless transition.

I understand it can take up to midnight for ths switch, but at the moment I have no phone line or broadband.

7 REPLIES 7
chemitrol

Re: No Broadband

What happens next?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

When did you lose your phone/broadband? Are you switching from an ADSL to an FTTC connection?

Welcome to the forums, BTW.

John
chemitrol

Just checked again:

1. When I call my home number, I get the message: "The number you have dialed is currently not receiving incoming calls". Outgoing calls are still working.
  2. My original router is connected to WiFi, but not connected to the internet.

It looks like TalkTalk have disabled my service, but not transfered it over to Plusnet.

The connection has been FTTC for a few years.

I'm tethering vis my mobile to get on here.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Standard procedure for switching is the losing provider switches off services in the early hours, gaining provider takes over normally during working hours, but as stated it can take up to midnight for the automated process to complete.

Some transfers are easier, i.e. if going from one BTW provider to another, switching from an LLU supplier to another, or to BTW takes longer due to additional work in the exchange.

So sit back, chill and worry about it if it is not working tomorrow.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Mustrum Thanks, saved me typing. 😀

@chemitrol  As Mustrum says, switching from the likes of TT can be a pain, and does cause more work.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @chemitrol

Thanks a lot for reaching out, and welcome to our online Community Forum. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that this may cause. TalkTalk are what we call an MPF provider, meaning they use different equipment at the exchange, so manual engineering work is required to complete the order. I've just had a look into them though and can see that they're still committed to complete today.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
chemitrol

Thanks for all the responses.

I have unlimited data on my mobile so can cope with tethering.