cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Activation date

karen2

No Activation date

I place my order with plusnet on 2nd Feb, my Bt contract was due to end 23rd Feb, So an activation date of the 24th Feb was given, great no more expensive BT bill.

The router didnt arrive, I called on the 22nd, sorry we will send you it out, and give you a month free broadband, still no activation date, The router arrived 26th Feb. My BT bill for Feb 23rd - 18th March £42.99  Thanks for that, my questionis when will I be connected to plusnet.

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No Activation date

Hi there and welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry to see this. I've just chased your order with our suppliers, unfortunately there's a delay in getting your line installed due to engineer resourcing in your area. 

The line is due to be activated on the 23rd after which we'll be able to give you a due date for the broadband activation. Really sorry for any inconvenience. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
karen2

Thats a month after I have left BT, or not as in this case. Sorry its just not good enough.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

BT Openreach not making an engineer available to facilitate a customer migrating away from BT Retail to another ISP until exactly a month after the requested date ... one has to suspect conspiracy to pervert the conduct of the migration.  This order was raised with more than sufficient time for BTOR to get an act together.  Ofcom needs to make BTOR pick up the consequential costs here.

Though this is PlusNet's responsibility to manage, they are constrained by the conduct of their supplier.  That is though no barrier to you writing to the CEO of BT Openreach to complain of shoddy service conspiring to retain revenues for BT Retail to your financial detriment - and copy the same to Ofcom.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

karen2

Thanks for the infomation

Karen

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still