cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No £75 reward card email

jwalsh1808

No £75 reward card email

Hi all, 

I raised a complaint over the phone that I had not received my reward card back on the 30th April but have not received any response from it.

My account went live on 21st April and the order was made on 3rd April.

Can someone please contact me regarding this.  A lot of offers online were very samey but this was enough to convince me to come to Plusnet, and so far I feel let down that I have not received the promised cashback and have not received a response.

User: jwalsh1808

Thanks
Jamie

15 REPLIES 15
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: No £75 reward card email

Hi @ jwalsh1808,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry you haven't received any information about the cashback process as yet, I appreciate your query.

In answer to your query, please can you advise here how you signed up to us, as I've checked your account and can't see any offer promotion although some promotions do offer cashback? Please be as specific as possible so I can look into this further.

Thanks - LF

jwalsh1808

I have received a message telling me that this was a third party offer.

I have replied with 3 screenshots showing the offer is on your website, in your legal wording and in your help section.

I would appreciate not being fobbed off so quickly next time please.

Regards

JamiePlusnet 1.PNGPlusnet 2.PNGPlusnet 3.PNG

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @jwalsh1808

Thanks for getting back in touch. Based on ticket on your account you confirmed that you have used affiliate to sign up and cashback was offered by this affiliate. In case of signing on pages like Quidco or Topcashback it is them who are providing this cashback, not us. If you have not received anything from them yet, please contact this company and they will be able to sort this out for you.

As per statement in FAQ on this page which you have used for your 3rd screenshot:

If you signed up via a cashback site, (e.g. Quidco or TopCashback):

Your reward will be issued from the cashback site. You won't be able to claim cashback from both Plusnet and a cashback site at the same time. (This works on a ‘last click' basis - you'll only be able to claim one of the rewards).

I hope that answer all your questions.

jwalsh82

This doesn’t make sense. As you can see from my images I attached, the offer is on the plusnet website. In the plusnet legal terms and on your help pages.

It’s called a Plusnet Reward card, not cashback.

I won’t be paying another penny towards this service until this is received, this is complete false advertising.

I would appreciate a call when this is resolved.

Regards
Jamie
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back in touch.

There are several ways cashback/rewards offer works. Most common are:

One offered by company on their own website.(Reward is provided by this company)

One offered by affiliate for example Quidco or Topcashback on their website. (Reward is provided by affiliate company)

As stated on ticket by yourself you have signed up via 3rd party affiliate page. Can you please contact company you have used to sign up as it is them who offered this reward on their website?

Please accept apologies for this inconvenience.

jwalsh82

The offer is on your plusnet website not on another cashback website.

That’s incredible interesting.

I have just checked and the offer is still there from you, based on the correct package.

£22.99 per month with a £70 Plusnet Reward Card. I am happy for someone to call later today, but as I mentioned I shall not be paying another penny towards my service until you choose to stop going back on your offer.

To re-iterate this is an offer on YOUR page, in YOUR legal section and in your HELP pages.

To pass this on to another site (which is comparison site leading me to you, not cashback) is terrible.

The offer is still there on your website today.

Please can you ensure this reward card is activated and if there is an issue where it isn’t tagged against my account, allow me to cancel as you cannot fulfil your offer and I’ll re-sign up with the offer in place.

Regards
Jamie.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

As stated on ticket by yourself you have signed up via 3rd party affiliate page

@Tibzor Is there some confusion here regarding what is or isn't a 3rd party affiliate?

My understanding is that the comparison sites aren't affiliates as such, they are merely conduits to route the user through to the selected PlusNet offer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jwalsh1808

Thank you for your response.

I'm sure I messed up the terminology.  Yes I was linked to Plusnet via a comparison website, but the £70 Plusnet Reward card is not offered/mentioned by them anywhere under details of the deal (price pm, speed, data cap e.t.c).

When landing on the Plusnet page, there is a big £70 reward card banner as you can see, which is implied via 3 separate sections on the Plusnet website that is is offered by Plusnet.  It is not mentioned anywhere else on any other deal/comparison (call it what you like) website.

There seems to be 2 problems.  One is that my account isn't tagged, even though the offer was there and is still there.

And two, Plusnet are refusing to acknowledge this offer on their website, even though they have legal terms around it.

THIS is on your own website:

1. What are Plusnet Rewards?

Some of our offers include cashback, a Gift Card, or a Reward Card, which can be claimed once your service has activated.

If you signed up via a third party:

How you claim your Plusnet Reward may depend on that third party's own terms and conditions (alongside the claim process mentioned in these FAQs). However, the reward itself will be issued via Plusnet.

Occasionally, we offer Plusnet Rewards automatically. That means you don't need to 'claim' them as explained below. Automatic rewards usually happen if you sign up through certain comparison sites, but we'll make it clear in our terms and conditions when you sign up.

I want to know what is right, either what your website states, or what I have been told on the chat and the feedback ticket.

IMG_0051.PNGIMG_0050.PNG

jwalsh1808

I have also checked with Quidco, here is a transcript of our chat:

Macey (14/05/2020, 10:56:56): Hi there
Me (14/05/2020, 10:57:07): Hi Macey
Me (14/05/2020, 10:57:29): I am contacting you regarding a Plusnet reward card. Did you see my opening message?
Macey (14/05/2020, 10:59:38): Yeah I did, right so our process is you purchase via Quidco, your transaction tracks into your account. If you don't see this after 72 hours you can submit a claim. This tracks while we get a response from the retailer, the payment speeds are listed on the retailers page. If you have met the terms and conditions, the retailers send the money to us we ad this into your account and you can either withdraw or continue shopping and build up your cashback. You can withdraw via BACs, PayPal, or gift cards:)
Me (14/05/2020, 11:00:30): Thank you - so currently the quidco compare has tracked at £20 it seems, but I cannot see any mention of the £70 reward card. I have contacted Plusnet and they say my account isn't tagged, and they referred me to you guys.
Me (14/05/2020, 11:00:34): Do you know what I do now?
Macey (14/05/2020, 11:01:15): Let me look into this for you!
Me (14/05/2020, 11:02:48): Thank you
Macey (14/05/2020, 11:03:27): No problem just contacting someone regarding this
Macey (14/05/2020, 11:07:11): I've just checked this for you, and been assured that on our side, we can only help and deal with the cashback side of things. The reward card is an extra incentive provided by the retailer, so you'd need to contact them to check this please
Me (14/05/2020, 11:07:34): Hi Macey, thank you for this. I will save this chat and go back to them. Thank you.

I have made it clear to the support ticket, that I have raised a complaint with a Advertising Standards Authority as I feel this is clear false advertising and will not be paying another penny towards my bill until this issue is resolved.

If an error has occurred on your system, I can accept that but it needs to be resolved.  The fact that the offer is STILL there shows it's genuine, so I do really expect  a quick resolution.

Tomca
Grafter
Fixes: 1

@jwalsh1808 I've checked the account and can see that there is an open support ticket on the account that is dealing with issue you've raised.

Please use the information we've provided to yourself to deal with this, as mentioned previously the screen shots you've provided are from a 3rd party and you'll need to deal with this through them.

Thanks - Carl.

Carl Tomlinson
 Plusnet Help Team
jwalsh1808

Hi Carl,

That is incorrect I'm afraid.  As you can see from my previous message, Quidco have confirmed it is to be raised with the retailer.

THIS is on your own website:

1. What are Plusnet Rewards?

Some of our offers include cashback, a Gift Card, or a Reward Card, which can be claimed once your service has activated.

How you claim your Plusnet Reward may depend on that third party's own terms and conditions (alongside the claim process mentioned in these FAQs). However, the reward itself will be issued via Plusnet.

Occasionally, we offer Plusnet Rewards automatically. That means you don't need to 'claim' them as explained below. Automatic rewards usually happen if you sign up through certain comparison sites, but we'll make it clear in our terms and conditions when you sign up.

I want to know what is right, either what your website states, or what I have been told on the chat and the feedback ticket.

jwalsh1808

Just in case it is lost in that message:

Tomca
Grafter
Fixes: 1

@jwalsh1808 as this is account specific please can you continue this conversation via the support ticket on the account.

You can do this by using the link here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=201298394

Thanks - Carl.

Carl Tomlinson
 Plusnet Help Team
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @MisterW 

Sorry for delay but I was off for few days.

That depends on particular offer and site. There are special offers with affiliates such as Quidco, Topcashback, Money Saving Expert etc.

During sing up process, there is offer code attached to each account, based on this code we know how customer signed up and if there is any reward provided, and by who.

Example is on screenshot attached earlier in this thread:

Capture.JPG

That last bit with rc70aff states that there is (RC)-reward card for $70, and that sign up was through (aff)affiliate site. This is current offer, not one which was used by author of this thread as code is totally different which means that offer was different too.

As stated on Quidco transcript posted in this thread - there are offers where cashback are delivered by them.

"Macey (14/05/2020, 10:59:38): Yeah I did, right so our process is you purchase via Quidco, your transaction tracks into your account. If you don't see this after 72 hours you can submit a claim. This tracks while we get a response from the retailer, the payment speeds are listed on the retailers page. If you have met the terms and conditions, the retailers send the money to us we ad this into your account and you can either withdraw or continue shopping and build up your cashback. You can withdraw via BACs, PayPal, or gift cards:) "

This is reason why on our FAQ there is this statement confirming that only one offer can be used if one of these sites was used:

If you signed up via a cashback site, (e.g. Quidco or TopCashback):

Your reward will be issued from the cashback site. You won't be able to claim cashback from both Plusnet and a cashback site at the same time. (This works on a ‘last click' basis - you'll only be able to claim one of the rewards).

In fewer words - From time to time, we do have special offer for specific sites like MSE/Quidco/TopCashback, these offers will work only if you have used their website, they have specific offer code so we can track it and specific agreements of who provides reward. I hope that answers your question.