Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News about activation?

Lisa3
Dabbler

News about activation?

Hi There,

I placed an order for fibre broadband and phone a few weeks ago. I was given an activation date of today. About 2 weeks ago my router arrived. But since placing the order I have had no other communication from Plusnet and no engineer has been scheduled (hoping I won’t need one!). I have tried phoning but there is a half hour wait apparently and my phone and internet connection keep going dead (again, hoping this is a good sign) I would very much like to know if my activation is on schedule (as people are waiting on it) and also how I will know when I can attempt to set up my router. Will you send me an email? When can I expect it? We have been waiting and waiting for this. Really hoping it will go ahead today as promised.

Lisa

3 REPLIES 3
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: News about activation?

Hi @Lisa3,

I've had a look at your orders and both are down for completion today (the line order has completed - the broadband will be active at some point this evening). You won't need an engineer to come to your premises and the current disruption is likely a good sign, this is because when you're transferring from a provider that isn't on the BT Network there is changes made to the equipment you're connected to in the exchange, which can cause some downtime and disruptions in your existing services will the changeover completes. 

Once the broadband order closes you should get an email from us confirming, but I'm concerned that you're advising you're not receiving anything. I've checked and the email you've placed on your forum account is the same as the one on your account with us, so as long as this is correct you should be receiving notifications. Have you checked they're not being put in a junk folder, or being incorrectly marked as spam?

Lisa3
Dabbler

Hi JOLO

Thank you. That’s very helpful. I did just get an email a few minutes ago to tell me the phone line was set up. I wasn’t sure if the broadband would be as well and was just testing it when I got your message. Sure enough, as you say, the broadband isn’t ready yet. I can confirm that until this I hadn’t had any communication/notifications from you at Plusnet by email or text since placing the order just to let me know what to expect in the way you have now. That would have been helpful. I have checked my spam. But hoping, maybe, this is because it is going to be a smooth transition. 

Best wishes

Lisa

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Lisa3,

thanks for getting back to us and welcome to the forums. We are sincerely sorry to advise there has been a delay with your broadband order, which will now complete tomorrow.

I have provided further information here via the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team