cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user - order status

Lozzy1

New user - order status

Hi, I placed an order a few days ago for phone and fibre, can someone tell me how long it is likely to take for my switch date to be confirmed, I've heard nothing since my order was placed and all it says when I log in is that my phone order has been placed but there is no more info concerning a date. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: New user - order status

I'm getting this looked into for you.

[edit]

I've checked your orders and everything is on track for the 31st.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Aaronn

I ordered mine 9th Jan. I was told on Monday that my broadband and phone line will be activated the same day. Even the engineer said give the broadband until after midnight (installedweds). When I rang Thursday it turned out that not only the info supplied monday was incorrect but plusnet didn't even place the order for fibre and would have to wait another 10 days! I am seriously not happy as every day I have no internet it is costing me money and reading reports on here of orders failing leave me seriously worried. Sorry to hijack the thread but felt as it was a new order it would be best left here.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @Aaronn

I'm really sorry to hear of the delay with activating your fibre broadband. I've looked into your account and I can see we did advise you by email on the day you signed up to us of the following.

What happens next?
==================
* An engineer needs to install your phone service
* This will happen on 18/01/2017 PM
* Once your phone service is up and running, your broadband will normally be ready in a further 5-7 working days
* Sometimes, circumstances beyond our control may alter your switch date. We'll keep you informed of any changes

You can view this service notice here.

In your case, it's slightly longer than 7 working days because of engineer availability in your area.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Aaronn

Fair enough. Just disappointed that I was told the broadband would be activated the same day. I look forward to the Internet being activated
Lozzy1

Hi Matthew, thanks for looking into to this for me, although I've still received no email confirmation of my switch date and all the order tracker says is that my orders have been placed.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Just passing by @Lozzy1

Apologies for the lack of updates on your account. The orders are all in progress to go live on the 31/01/17.

We'll let you know of any delays.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button