cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Plusnet- no router and no internet on day of activation

lettlett20

New to Plusnet- no router and no internet on day of activation

Hi- I'm wondering if anyone can help me here

I moved into a new flat a couple of weeks ago, and bought Plusnet's fibre broadband and phone line rental before I moved in, to be installed on the 4th. The day came and went, with no engineer or router. Apparently, a bot had got stuck on a robotic task with my order, and so another engineer visit was rearranged for today (11th). The engineer has been, and installed the phone line, but I still have no router or internet.

On my account page under connection settings it says the hardware dispatch is pending, with a little message next to it saying 'The order is queued to be sent to the supplier'. How long is it going to be until I get the router? Do I have broadband or not? Apparently the broadband is meant to go live the same day a phone line is installed, so why hasn't my router arrived by today? I can't have no internet for much longer- I have to work from home at the moment and am rapidly running out of data on my phone, but I have no idea what's going on or why I have no router or broadband yet

3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: New to Plusnet- no router and no internet on day of activation

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from My Router to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
frankc52
Grafter

What part of the country do you live???? anywhere near Hertfordshire?? or on the other hand save all the heartache and buy a BT Smart Hub 6 lots on eBay for about £20.00 which will work much better than the Plusnet HUB ONE which I understand is a BT Smart HUB 5 

lettlett20

Update: had a text come through after I posted saying a router is on its way in the mail and that I'm to wait for another text to tell me when the broadband is ready. So after being promised broadband on two different dates, I'm still without internet after yet another week, now with looming deadlines and online meetings. Not sure if it's worth getting my hopes up about this router coming any time soon considering how Plusnet have been so far, but fingers crossed.