cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Plusnet, migration disastrous, what can I do?

tekton23
Dabbler

New to Plusnet, migration disastrous, what can I do?

Hi,

Decided to move from Sky and was told the transfer process would be smooth and uninterrupted. 

My Sky line and broadband was disconnected on the 3rd of June, I've had no broadband since. I've been told that the order has been mishandled or cancelled several times. Then told broadband could not be placed until phone connected last Thursday. Told again that temporary ADSL could be offered, as fibre connection would take longer. Was told it would be 4 days from last Thursday. When I called today, they simply told me I would have broadband from the 27th of June. This will be 3.5 weeks without a connection, I have no idea why!!!

A steep learning curve as my heating and music system are both wifi operated and so have been without full control of both since the start of the month.

T23

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: New to Plusnet, migration disastrous, what can I do?

did you just leave to PN to migrate?; that's the way to do it- never tell your existing supplier or it usually fails.

tekton23
Dabbler

I did, Plusnet were meant to be looking after the migration for me. I did not deal with the existing provider at all.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi there, apologies for the delay in response.

Firstly, I'm really sorry for the length of time it has taken to get you up and running.

Your line was ceased by the previous supplier, which is why it has taken longer than expected. An ADSL order is currently in place, and there is nothing stopping you from going live on Monday. From there, we'll still look to regrade you to Fibre.

I'll keep an eye on your account from afar, but there's little intervention we can do at this moment in time.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet