cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router not ordered

Annoyed1

New router not ordered

I go live for fibre tomorrow, the 7th March. As I hadn't had confirmation of new router rang customer services. Oh dear, no router has been ordered. Ok so can I use internet until router arrives? No. Can the order be prioritised? No. Can the fibre switch on be delayed? No. Can the router be sent special delivery? No. So I'll be without internet until the router arrives? Yes.

How long will that be? Well probably Friday. So I'll be without internet until then so what compensation will I receive? Refund for the days charged without internet. Wowee. Well also the £6.95 postage charged. (Had to push for that one).

Reeived e-mail to say that router will arrive in 3 to 5 days. As that includes Sunday it meands that it could be Monday before I'm on-line again. Company policy dictates that there is no priority given to orders delayed due to Plusnet mistakes and no compensation. No comeback on them. Yet I am tied to an agreement on my side that is unbreakable until the end of my contract, How one sided is that? I have always recommended Plusnet to friends and family but that will now stop. I shall also be looking for a new provider at the end of my contract.

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: New router not ordered

Welcome to the community. I understand your frustration, hopefully Openreach will do their bit tomorrow and your frustration will not be compounded.

Have you migrated from another supplier? The reason I ask is because some other supplier's modem/routers work on the Plusnet infrastructure. BT home hubs as an example are particularly simple to set up and full instructions will be found on the Router board. If you let us know whether you are going onto standard broadband or fibre and any spare router(s) you can use then further advice will be forthcoming.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Annoyed1

I've been with Plusnet for three years and to be honest haven't had a problem before, even when I moved house. My gripe isn't with the order not being placed, these things happen everywhere, but with the lack of urgency in fixing problems. There doesn't seem to be any way open to bypass routine methods. Everything has to go from A to B to C with no quick way of overriding and going from A to C so a router that could be delivered in six days to meet a deadline has to go out before the router that hasn't been delivered in time. Thanks for the heads up about Open reach. I hadn't even thought about that going wrong. In a way I hope they are a couple of days late changing us over. That would fix the problem.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Annoyed1

I am really sorry to hear the router has not been sent on time. This is something that should have been processed within a reasonable time-frame and I will pass on feedback to the relevant department.

Unfortunately we do only offer first class delivery of the router and while the lead time for royal mail first class is 3-5 days, it can sometimes be with you sooner. Once you receive the router please do let us know and we will refund for the downtime that might occur due to the late dispatch of the router.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, if we can help with anything further please do let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Good afternoon,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience regarding late router dispatch. 

Can you confirm if you are in receipt of the router and online? 

We can then process your gesture of goodwill and refund for any downtime experienced. 

Thanks.