cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router not arrived

cpembo78
Dabbler

New router not arrived

I rang up over a week ago to discuss my contract. I ended up signing a new 24 month contract at a price I was happy with and was told I receive a new router as part of this. The router has not come and when I look at my account summary it does not show on there. The older ones I received back in 2011 and 2015 show however there is no mention of the new one. Is there a waiting period? Or do you think it may have not been processed?
26 REPLIES 26
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New router not arrived

Hi there!

Sorry about this, the router was never ordered. I'll get some feedback passed on and make sure the router is dispatched today.

The usual 3 to 5 working days applies but do give us a shout if  you have any further questions or concerns

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cpembo78
Dabbler

Thanks for that. I had a feeling something had gone wrong.
g3ucq
Grafter

This sounds very much like my experience in the past few days.

I upgraded to Youview+ on 13 May and got an email saying the box would be despatched on 15th. Nothing arrived so I contacted Chat and was told the box would be despatched in a few days.  Still nothing so called CS and was told the box had been delivered. Not to me it hasn't. So a new box is going to be sent in the 'next few days'

I said surely I should go to the top of the queue for despatch but was told there is nothing in the system to do that.

Also, why are parcels sent without tracking? That is standard with most couriers these days bot not if you use Royal Mail. I have been with PlusNet for a number of years and this is unacceptable.

John

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there and I'm sorry for the problems you've had receiving your YouView box. Just to clarify, these *are* sent tracked, once it's left the warehouse we should receive the tracking number. I can see one of my colleagues re-ordered this yesterday as we didn't receive the dispatch notification for the first one.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
g3ucq
Grafter

Thank you Chris. The reason I made the comment about no tracking was because the agent I spoke to yesterday told me there was none. I hope to receive my box SOON.

John

Chris
Legend

I hope it arrives soon too, I've flagged the lack of notification up internally for investigation. If you haven't received an update about the dispatch of your hardware tomorrow, please let me know.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
g3ucq
Grafter

Thank you Chris. It occurs to that if there is tracking it should be possible to find the address the first box was delivered to.

The agent told me it had been delivered. If I know the address I can go and ask for it. The neighbours are ok around here.

Chris
Legend

I'm afraid that as I've advised previously, we didn't receive the dispatch notification or tracking information for the first box, so I'm not sure why the agent has advised this.

g3ucq
Grafter

OK Chris.  Thank you for your help.

Cheers

John

g3ucq
Grafter

I had an email from CS saying the box would likely be dispatched today and I would receive an email saying so.  Surprise surprise.  No email.

Hacked off is putting it politely.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you've still not received the box or any notification of dispatch.

I've sent an email to our Products team to investigate, and CC'ed a couple of my colleagues in the email so that they can try to follow this up for you tomorrow. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
g3ucq
Grafter

Yesterday I received a support ticket saying the order had been put on hold until 7am today.

By 2pm I had heard nothing so I posted that unless the box would be dispatched today, Friday, I would cancel the order.

At 4pm CS posted that the order was on hold until Monday.Crazy2 What!!!!!

I have cancelled the order as I promised. The agent I spoke to told me 3 boxes have been sent. I got no email confirmation or tracking for any of them. What an absolute shambles.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear that.

We'll pass your feedback on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
g3ucq
Grafter

Someone needs a right kicking over this. Plusnet have let me down very badly and 'doing me proud' is a joke.