cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router not arrived but Plusnet say it's been active for 15 days!

keanosmagic2003

New router not arrived but Plusnet say it's been active for 15 days!

Moving to Fibre Broadband and had a text/email to confirm my new router was sent on the 14th Feb. Called on 6th March to say that I'd not received it to be told that it had been active for 15 days and couldn't be sent another one? Can only assume someone else is using it. Wouldn't they be able to see this?

Eventually managed to get them to send another but told I had to pay postage and also £99.99 if it happened again! 

Anyone else had a similar issue?

Just read another message regarding my home move and it says that no new router is required?? 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: New router not arrived but Plusnet say it's been active for 15 days!

Welcome to the forums @keanosmagic2003 

Can only assume someone else is using it. Wouldn't they be able to see this?

Plusnet do register the router to your account using the serial number

Anyone else had a similar issue?

The routers can go awol from time to time. If you're on fibre, the router will fit a standard sized letterbox. If they don't fit then sometimes they get plonked behind a wheelie bin!!

Just read another message regarding my home move and it says that no new router is required?? 

PN are having IT issues atm, that could explain this....?

keanosmagic2003

Thanks DS - It is a small block of apartments so a possibility someone else has picked it up but highly unlikely. 

I've contacted customer services and will update the response on here when it arrives.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @keanosmagic2003, thanks for getting in touch.

I do apologise for the issues you have had with the delivery of your hardware. I've taken a look into this for you and as my response contains account specific information, I've updated the ticket here for you.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team