cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order taking far too long

marktownend

New order taking far too long

Hi,

I'm an existing broadband customer with John Lewis but have put an order in with Plusnet to go direct with them.

However, this order seems to have got stuck, can someone please help push it through? I've already wasted a load of time this morning trying to use the online chat, which just gave me standard bot Joe replies and didn't actually let me ask a question, then 25 mins on the phone at which point I gave up after being on hold for about 10 minutes waiting to be transferred to 'Order Update' dept.

I put the original order in on 2nd July.

7th July I got this update: There's been a problem with processing your broadband order. Once we've got more details, we'll deal with this and contact you if we need to.

16th July I got this: ...I have now manually placed your order to transfer your services to Plusnet. The reference number of your order is: OR0000012248684 We will monitor the account and confirm the activation date in the next 24 hours.

Of course nothing has happened in the 2 weeks since that, let alone in the 24 hours promised.

My order progress is currently showing as: CHECKING YOUR LINE We've found a potential problem on your telephone line. We'll look into this and will be in contact with you shortly.

We had similar issues a few months ago when signing up my mother as a new customer so I'm used to the very friendly helpful people at Plusnet havign to battle against the complex systems they have to work with!

It appears as if plenty of people have successfully used this forum to get this same issue sorted so come on Plusnet people, work your magic please!

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
ikip
Hooked

Re: New order taking far too long

Hi Mark,

The same here: I decided to switch from BT to Plusnet  and confirmed switchover date supposed to be 27th of July. Plusnet charged my credit card and setup Direct Debit. My broadband order was stuck in "Checking your Line" step. I have not got any communication for two weeks from them. I called this morning and after being transferred to Order dept, was waiting for over 30 minutes on the mobile phone and finally gave up. 

Not sure if I need to wait for another few days/weeks/months or gave up completely. 

marktownend

Re: New order taking far too long

Well, it appears as if the order has randomly progressed (with no more notification from Plusnet).

It just seems typical Plusnet, I really want to like them as they keep prices down but you seem to have to have the tolerance of a saint to deal with them. My original 'Welcome to Plusnet' email from 2nd July said "We'll keep you up to date at every stage of your order via email until your services are ready to use.", which certainly didn't happen. How do they expect people to rate them well if it takes a month to become a new customer and they don't even inform you when they've actually managed to get things done...?

Now I wonder what the prospects are of getting an apology or a token towards the extra it's cost me to stay with my previous supplier for an extra month?!